PDA

View Full Version : My how time flies

Bwana
03-15-2013, 11:12 AM
Today is my oldest boy's 17th birthday. It doesn't seem possible but he has gone from this:

in what seems like was only a few short years ago to this:

to a strapping young man who is currently squatting a bit over 400 lbs and looks like this now(the critter on the left-hand side of the pic):

Where does the time go?

Chicken Dinner
03-15-2013, 11:23 AM
Wowzer! Not sure how I'm going to deal with having to look up at my boys.

jb
03-15-2013, 11:30 AM
I remember the first two.
Yes, time goes by way to quickly.

Buckrub
03-15-2013, 11:38 AM
I see 'scholarship' in your eyes, boy!

I also see kids that were raised right. Thank you for that, John. Congrats!

P.S.
Getting old is not for wimps.

HideHunter
03-15-2013, 11:42 AM
Great Pics. Just yesterday *I* was that strapping young lad. ;) Monday, I'll be elgible for Social Security. My gawd that was 9 bird dogs ago. :black_eyed:

Sunshine
03-15-2013, 11:50 AM
Hope he has a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Is the girl, sitting beside him, his girlfriend?

For some reason, the years keep adding up, but I'm still 21 yrs old in my head!!!! Lol

In a few weeks I'm going to be 56 and have no idea where 35 of those years went.
How can this be?

I see girls, around my neighborhood, that are moms and have babies. Just can't fathom this.

They grow up to quick, but I'm not!! Lol

BarryBobPosthole
03-15-2013, 11:59 AM
Happy birthday to a good youngun!

I was just thinking about this stuff yesterday. Next Monday, my youngest son turns 29 and this June my baby girl turns 26. Hard to believe!

You'll get over it, Dad. My grandson is on his way over to my house right now to spend a day or two with old Pawpaw. Just wait! Its the best job you'll ever have!
BKB

Bwana
03-15-2013, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the insight and good words.

Sunshine, that "girl" is my wife and his mother. For the last number of years we do a family pheasant hunting trip during the October Teacher's Convention and this picture is from that hunt. Only family members missing are my daughter who fell asleep while I was driving the grain truck over to this area for the rancher and myself who just happens to be taking the picture. The other boy is my youngest son and middle kid.

Sunshine
03-15-2013, 01:23 PM
Wow, you are a lucky man!! She looks very young! Like seeing the smiling faces!!

Great shot!!! :D