PDA

View Full Version : St Patty's Day Aurora Alert

BarryBobPosthole
03-15-2013, 10:01 PM
I got an alert today that said there was a big ass CME (BACME in technical terms) headed for earth from a big solar flare. It's supposed to get here on the 17th. We might get green Northern Lights on St Patty's day! The map showed the line dropping almost to the Oklahoma border. Chamces of geomagnetic storms are 70%.

don't forget to look if its clear Sunday night!

BKB

LW
03-15-2013, 11:13 PM
Pretend that that somebody doesnt know what you are talking about and explain this.

BarryBobPosthole
03-16-2013, 01:51 AM
Well, this big ass solar flare on the sun erupted and flung a gob of cosmic shit right at the earth, and when it gets here on Sunday, the cosmic shit is gonna hit the intergalactic fan.

And we might even get to see some northern lights here. It's happened before and only a couple years ago.
BKB

Captain
03-16-2013, 07:28 AM
We outlawed "Northern" lighs a couple hundred years ago in the South!
Is it just me or does there seems to be a extra lot if shit falling out the sky or almost hitting the earth lately? That meteorite hitting Russia, comets, more meteors, solar flares etc....
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BarryBobPosthole
03-20-2013, 01:10 PM
Did anybody see them? They said on St Patty's day folks reported seeing them as far south as Colorado. should have been right in you northern folks' wheelhouse.

BKB

Sunshine
03-20-2013, 01:42 PM
Overcast rainy at my house. Didn't see them. :(