PDA

View Full Version : What a Ho, What a HO!!!!

Captain
03-16-2013, 09:05 PM
No not that kind.... :devilish:

3 or four weeks ago I burned about 60 acres of timber at the farm. Of course I plowed firebreaks in first. I cut them about three time to get a good clean dirt break. I worked at the farm today and was walking around checking Turkey sign in the new burned areas late this afternoon, and look down in one of the fire breaks and picked up a REALLY nice big Hoe! That put me into the arrowhead hunting mode and I picked up 3 nice scrapers and several point all with 15 yards of each other. I must have plowed through a cache at a campsite. Here is a picture to give you some prospective of how large this hoe in...

Here are the points and scrapers

See Kribbs is not the only one that can find old stuff... This stuff is probably about a zillion years old, so he don't need to come in here with his "new" 12th century weak shit... :spank
Take Care, Captain

Thumper
03-17-2013, 05:55 AM
Now, let me get this straight ... you go out in the yard, pick up a handful of rocks, then come on here and say, "Hey! Look at this OLD shit I found!"

I got'cha beat! Look at this cool old meteorite I dug up! It's HEAVY ... feels like a chunk of lead, but it's kinda "crystalline" ... (some small flecks look like mica). It set my metal detector off, but it's not magnetic.

Now ... here's it's history. It's a piece of a larger meteorite that came crashing down to earth (around the Carolinas) "about a zillion years ago". I had it checked for DNA and they found some N.C. Injun stuff on it! The world renowned Professor I talked with said it most likely came zipping down to Earth a zillion years ago (of course the meteorite itself is MUCH older as it traveled through space for MANY zillions of years before hitting Earth) .. but back to what I was told by this VERY reliable source. It made first contact somewhere in the Carolinas (around one of the Plyler homesteads) where a bunch'a Injuns were out digging around in their corn field with hoes. Another group was hunting nearby tryin' to kill the deer that were eatin' their corn. Anyway, this massive meteorite bonked 'em all in their haids knockin' 'em all daid (that's where it picked up the dna) and they dropped their NEW, "modern day" hoes and arrows where they stood. Then this meteorite skipped like a flat rock on a pond and broke up into smaller pieces which scattered themselves all over what is now known as Georgia and Florida.

Hey! That's what these scholars told me and I have no reason to doubt them. ;)

878 879 880

P.S. I know you have problems figuring out what's old and new ... so disregard that round, shiny thing on the left in each photo ... it's just a modern coin used as a size reference. ;)

Arty
03-17-2013, 07:16 AM
That is some real neat stuff there captain! As you know that stuff is right up my alley.

Captain
03-17-2013, 07:27 AM
Arty, when you gonna come down here and looks at these billizion pieces I've got and tell me what they all are?
Kribbs that looks like a bunch of battery lead that is corroded from acid... What you trying to pass off here?
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BarryBobPosthole
03-17-2013, 09:07 AM
Well, that ain't nothing. I've got a gozillion year old petrified walnut. Well, its either a peteified walnut of a horse turd, I can't figure out which. But its old.

BKB

Captain
03-17-2013, 02:35 PM
A gozillion year ago horses were the size of a raccoon! Their turds were probably not the size of a walnut....

BarryBobPosthole
03-17-2013, 03:31 PM
I'll have to post a picture of it sometime. It perfectly egg shaped, almost looks like rusted metal (i've checked, its not magnetic), and really does look like what I'd think a petrified walnut would look like.
BLB

Captain
03-17-2013, 04:01 PM
About a 35 years ago I had my blasting license and was blasting dynamite in Jelico Tennessee where they were building a Nuke power plant. Now this is in the mountains and WAY above Sea level.
I blasted a petrified clam out of solid rock. I also have a large section of rock (about 2 foot wide and 3 foot long) that has the Skelton of a snake in it. I've got both pieces at home and will try make a picture this afternoon and post.

And this clam and snake were already petrified a zillion years before Jim's meteorite fell or Posthole's horse pooped that turd :D

Take Care, Captain

Arty
03-17-2013, 05:16 PM
Clam above sea level..... read the story bout Noah and a little rain they call the great flood!

Captain
03-17-2013, 07:49 PM
Yep WAY above sea level... I just Googled it and it says Jelico is 2,260 feet above sea level.
The Museum I took these to said both the snake and the clam were from the ocean. They gave me an estimate of age but it has been so long ago I forgot what they said. However even those mountains were below sea level at one time. Really hard to get your head around that.
Take Care, Captain