PDA

View Full Version : Big Mistake

BarryBobPosthole
03-18-2013, 02:30 PM
Made breakfast for supper last night and gave the dogs leftover gravy and hash browns. This morning they are both cutting loose with some farts that'd make Tee Dub and Thumper proud. And they're SBD's too.

BKB

Sunshine
03-18-2013, 03:09 PM
Dogs shouldn't eat human leftovers.

Not good for them!

Green beans, carrots etc are ok.

If you don't know:
Grapes, chocolate, onions, garlic,raisins, caffeine, macadamia nuts, coffee, coffee grounds, coffee bean landscaping material and just smelling mushrooms are very toxic.

Great website:

http://www.entirelypets.com/toxicfoods.html

Also, and this is a BIG ONE!!

Some of you might be giving your dogs ice cream or foods with diet sweeteners in them.

The diet sweeteners are toxic to animals.

Here's an are article about it:

http://m.petmd.com/blogs/fullyvetted/2011/feb/xylitol_now_in_drugs

P/s just imagine how your dogs gutts feel, if their making that kind of smell!!!!

BarryBobPosthole
03-18-2013, 03:22 PM
Cream gravy and hashbrown taters ain't gonna hurt anybody. At least not anybody that deserves to live anyway. They don't get leftovers for anything but a treat now and then. Otherwise it's Blue dog food.

BKB

Big Muddy
03-18-2013, 05:10 PM
I DO give Sandy some leftovers from the table, as treats, every now and then, but nothing that might hurt her....especially, NO bones of any kind.

I've mentioned it before, her favorite meal is cornbread and turnip greens or cabbage, all smushed up together....however, you definitely don't want to be with her in an enclosed space, after a big bowl of cabbage....I swear, it looks like she'll smile at you and laugh, after one of those cabbage farts. ;)

Arty
03-18-2013, 06:45 PM
My 12 pound min -pin eats everything on that list!

So did every dog I ever owned when I was growing up. And they lived til they was 13-14!

Let em eat. They don't have many joys in life

LW
03-18-2013, 09:49 PM
My dogs eat leftovers like crazy except for onions and chocolate. They are all obese and lazy and happy. Apparently, laying in the floor licking your ass all day offsets the negative health effects of leftovers. My dogs live to be so old that they qualify for government grants. Maybe we should all try it. Thump first.

Thumper
03-18-2013, 10:56 PM
Hey! How'd I get dragged into this? We have cats. Heck, even they eat table scraps and love 'em. Growing up we had zillions of dogs and they ALL ate table scraps .. I don't remember ANY of them dying young ... well, except for a collie named "King" ... a '64 Ford Galaxie took him out.

Believe it or not ... we have a cat (named Tiger if anyone cares) who LOVES veggies! Raw or cooked, carrots, peas, string-beans, corn ... you name it (I'm not sure about tomatoes). Lettuce is his absolute favorite and he'll drive Lynn nuts when she's making a salad. I swear, if you threw a piece of fish and a lettuce leaf on the floor ... he'd go for the lettuce! The other cats won't even look at a veggie, much less eat it.

LJ3
03-19-2013, 09:32 AM
You guys should be listening to Sunny with a more open mind. Just my $.02

johnboy
03-19-2013, 01:12 PM
What LJ said.

Thumper
03-20-2013, 09:11 AM
Looks like the house is divided. Interesting. Some o'youse sound like Californians. They have doggie boutiques with bazillion dollar gourmet doggie treats out there. I want to barf when I see those Beverly Hills types walking in there with their pooches all dressed up in their Gucci "doggie wear". ;)

I know a few old farm dogs, who lived to a ripe old age, who'd have probably starved to death if they never got any table scraps. What did the old "house dogs" live on before Purina came along?

BarryBobPosthole
03-20-2013, 09:43 AM
I know a couple of people who make food for their dogs, usually rice, chicken, green beans, that sort of stuff. Its because they lost dogs back when the stuff that was coming from China killed so many pets. Had it not been for that happening I think people would have looked down their noses at them for making their own dog food. I know my dogs have to get tired of the same old thing every day. So I give them leftover hashbrowns or a baked potato, so what? They love it and its good for them.
BKB