PDA

View Full Version : Crazy wind and weather.....

Big Muddy
03-18-2013, 07:12 PM
Wind has been relentless for about a month....big storm front was supposed to move thru about 2 p.m....so, I loaded up the little johnboat, and headed to a nearby crappie hole to pre-fish the front, before the wind started up....got pretty bad in some areas, with larger-than-golfball-size hail....one area reported baseball-size hail....now, that sheeit would kill 'ya!!!

Hadn't been there 45 minutes, when the wind kicked up to about 25 mph....so, I just said, "screw it, I'm fishing"....the water I was fishing is only about four feet deep....managed to bring out 6 slabs before I just couldn't fight the wind, any longer.

Water temps finally hit the "magic 60 degrees", and the spawn is in full-swing....just need some decent wind-less weather, and I'll re-stock my freezer with fillets....think I got three packages left from last year.

BarryBobPosthole
03-18-2013, 07:30 PM
At least you caught enough for a mess!for one anyway.
BKB

Big Muddy
03-18-2013, 07:50 PM
Definitely, a nice mess!!!....they were all big male black crappie(specks)....they've got twice as thick fillets, as the whites....and, they fight like pizzed-off demons on that little skinny crappie pole. ;)