PDA

View Full Version : Whew....

Buckrub
03-19-2013, 06:35 PM
http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/19/17373761-assault-weapons-ban-dropped-from-senate-bill?lite&ocid=msnhp&pos=1

BarryBobPosthole
03-19-2013, 06:37 PM
I saw that on FoxNews this afternoon but didn't have time to read the story. Maybe this is one of those rare times that logic will prevail.

Nah, we ain't that lucky.

BKB

Buckrub
03-19-2013, 06:41 PM
Well I ain't.

I 'spect that you are.

:notworthy

Niner
03-20-2013, 12:20 AM
Dianne Feinstein.....If EVER there was a poster child for Term Limits....

I'm pretty sure the reason her stuff got booted is because Prince Harry would like to get re-elected next time around.
I'd bet he remembers all to well what happened in 1994.

Chicken Dinner
03-20-2013, 05:50 AM
Prolly means that the ban on high capacity magazines will pass.

Chicken Dinner
03-20-2013, 07:31 AM
The TV in my hotel doesn't have many English channels other than CNN International. Just watched a "great" segment with Piers Morgan and Michael Moore on this issue. Sweet Mother of Abraham Lincoln! I'd like to put a fist on both of their pie holes.

Thumper
03-20-2013, 08:54 AM
Piers Morgan and Michael Moore on the same show??? ARRRGGGHHH! I'm glad I missed that one! I'd have probably popped a vein in my forehead before it ever ended. I can't even imagine the b/s that was thrown around on that one! :banghead

Niner
03-20-2013, 11:53 AM
Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, a onetime ally of the National Rifle Association, informed California Sen. Dianne Feinstein on Monday that the proposal to ban assault weapons and high capacity magazines won't be included in a broad package of new gun laws that's taking shape this week and will be considered on the Senate floor in April.

I'd like to see what they have up their sleeve in that "broad package of new gun laws".
My hope is they won't have enough votes to pass that stuff.

Buckrub
03-20-2013, 12:00 PM
Barking at the Moon.

BarryBobPosthole
03-20-2013, 12:04 PM
The thing that gags me about this is I don't know of one single 'study' or 'inquiry' into what happens to the minds of these shooters. Killing people is unimagineable, at least to most sane people. There has to be a key somewhere to this. And here we are looking at the symptom (again) and not the problem.

BKB

Niner
03-20-2013, 12:08 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v5v0W9bvtfQ?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buckrub
03-20-2013, 01:12 PM
Their minds are dead. Hard to look into.

OK, I do get what you want to occur......but for the life of me, I can't think of one single thing that would accomplish that, nor one single thing that would effectively stop this stuff. I do wish very much that I could, but I cannot.

BarryBobPosthole
03-20-2013, 01:20 PM
That's what they said about cancer once but we are close to curing many types. Sure it's hard. That don't mean we shouldn't try to solve it.

Personally, I think it's caused by #2 corn.

I said that to be humorous, but it makes about as much sense as saying assault weapons and high capacity clips are the cause. There's no fact behind anything we're doing. Yet we're doing it. Go figure.

(I could make a good case for corn though. Looks at our consumption of #2 corn over the years and the compare that to the increase of mass killers)

BKB

Big Boy
03-20-2013, 03:30 PM
LOL - BBP - that's funny stuff right there. But I wholeheartedly agree, with you, AND Bucky. <SIGH> Not sure how to reconcile that. Can't imagine what the answer is, but wouldn't mind if a few of my tax dollars went toward tryin'.

Buckrub
03-20-2013, 05:33 PM
Well, if this is the type of folks that might be arrested because they "might have a mental problem", then I just simply fear that this is a big mess with no answers.

This saddens me more than I can say.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/20/17387617-facebook-photo-of-boy-with-gun-draws-police-response

Thumper
03-20-2013, 06:11 PM
Yep, I saw he and his dad on ... hmmm ... I "think" it was Good Morning America this morning. The kid said he's been shooting since he was 5. This whole thing was total bullshit!

But ya' know what? The minute I laid my eyes on that photo of the kid standing there ... the very first thing I noticed was how he was holding that rifle. His finger is outside the trigger guard just as it should be. ANY normal kid, who has had no training (knowing the gun was not loaded), would have had his finger ON the trigger I'm sure.