PDA

View Full Version : Redbuds are peeking out

BarryBobPosthole
03-20-2013, 10:50 AM
Their not blooming yet but you can see the purple starting to show a bit. Redbuds means a lot here. Morels are popping, squirrels are kanoodling, crappie are biting, etc. There's a conflict though, between when the oak leaves are as big as a squirrel's ear and when the dogwoods bloom and when the redbuds bloom. My money is on the redbuds as they are more reliable IMHO.

BKB

jb
03-20-2013, 11:08 AM
We're under a winter storm watch, maybe a total of another 6" with wind. We're a little below our average snow fall right now, normal is 90" we're in the 80's as of today.
A year ago today it was 80 degree's here,set a record, now it's 28.

Niner
03-20-2013, 12:16 PM
Saw some sure signs of Spring this past weekend...
1: Saw Chipmunks in the yard for the first time in months.
2: Saw an Eastern Garter Snake hunting in the yard.
3: Wife's Tulip Tree is in bloom.
4: Blueberry bush is full of blossoms.

BarryBobPosthole
03-20-2013, 01:11 PM
Tulip trees and bradfords are blooming here, but I never connected them with spring. I've seen them bloom in the snow before.

So take THAT, Niner.

BKB

Buckrub
03-20-2013, 01:14 PM
Have a picture on my phone from last year, dated 03/25/2012........of our house. Dogwoods, Redbuds, AND Azaleas were all blooming full, all at once. Now, it still looks like winter.....but they ARE peeking out, yesirreebob.

Course, last year, it was 824 degrees Celsenheit in January, and folks caught record numbers of crappie.......and I was in a sling. Now I can fish, and I've caught TWO all year.....and supposed to be very cold (for here) another week.

Big Boy
03-20-2013, 03:33 PM
Here in the big city we go by how much clevage and leg we see. I'm more of a clevage guy myself. More reliable ! Jus sayin' :lmao