PDA

View Full Version : Today

BarryBobPosthole
03-20-2013, 01:31 PM
is the 10 year anniversary of the Iraq War. We've spent a trillion dollars (Cheney said in 2003 before it started the projected cost would be 80 billion) which is the cost of Obamacare over 10 years. And we're projected to spend $6 trillion when you factor in medical costs for veterans returning from that war.
I have one question:

Why arent' the same people who are shouting that we're passing along costs that our beloved grandchildren will have to pay, outraged by the cost of this war? It wasn't paid for, we didn't raise revenue to cover it, we didn't cut spending to pay for it. Yet its not even part of the conversation.

We need to get the hell out of Afghanistan NOW. We need to stop aid to Iraq NOW. Either that or implement a War Tax.
Period.

We also need to go ask the people who got us into these that are still office WHY.

BKB

Buckrub
03-20-2013, 01:45 PM
Well, it CLEARLY was not about the oil, which is all I heard for years!!! If it was, we ain't got none of it!

Democrats spend on social programs, Republicans spend on Wars. But I'd rather have fought, Oh, I dunno.....Italy? Argentina? Someone neat. Fighting these idiots in the Middle East is a total waste of time. But as to 'why'........I suspect history will say that it was to establish a foothold of Democracy, in some small way, in the region. I don't know why else. I mean, N. Korea is YELLING OUTLOUD that they have Weapons of Mass Destruction, and we don't even say howdy do to 'em, much less invade.

But I believe Senator Obama voted for funding that war, during his one year of experience, didn't he? So did Senator Hillary. SO did everyone in Congress. They are the ones to be asking this to. But they won't answer you, and you know that.

We'll always have wars, the Military will see to it........they have to try out these newfangled weapons that we buy them.

BarryBobPosthole
03-20-2013, 01:48 PM
Yep, I agree. We should be demanding those answers. In fact, we should be demanding a lot of shit from them that we don't. That's obvious by their performance. Is part of this issue that we should be writing them weekly letters telling them what we think? Heck, we live in the information age. These folks are so far from reality I have to think part of the problem is we ain't telling them what reality is.

BKB

Buckrub
03-20-2013, 04:32 PM
That's a good question. On another site, everyone is always saying "This happened, WRITE Sen Pryor".....etc.... then later, they come on and whine bitterly because he didn't answer, or answered with gobbledy gook nonsense, non answer.

I tell them it is a waste of time. Pryor will vote how Reid tells him to, and Boozman will vote how Boehner tells him to. Every time, with the only exception is.......if it's a HOT item back home to the Right, Sen Pryor will vote with the Right IF IF IF he already knows the Left has enough votes to win. Then he says his voting record is conservative. What a maroon.

But.........just me personally.........I think it's a total waste of time to contact your Congresscritters.

LW
03-20-2013, 04:37 PM
We get a Pope from Argentina and Bucky wants to go to war. Jeez.

Buckrub
03-20-2013, 04:51 PM
Isn't that reason enough???????

:poke

Chicken Dinner
03-20-2013, 05:40 PM
Sweet Jesus! If it wasn't about the oil, why the hell did we do it?

Buckrub
03-20-2013, 06:24 PM
Ask all the Congressfolk who voted for it........over and over and over and over and over and over and STILL..........

Buckrub
03-22-2013, 12:20 PM
Didja hear? Syria is using chemical WMD'S!! That's right! Need to invade, soon. Man we got to go get 'em. Besides, I've been wanting to invade Syria for a long time, anyway, they stand in the way of an unimpeded connection to the ocean!

BarryBobPosthole
03-22-2013, 12:24 PM
Their rebels are firing missiles over into Israel. So far Israel has been pretty patient about it. This may be a game changer. I suspect that Obama is in Israel getting the down low on what the two of us are gonna do about it. My suspicion is Israel is about to f----them up.

BKB

LJ3
03-22-2013, 12:28 PM
The older I get, the more the isolationism seems like a really good idea.

The only problem to be solved is to have access to oil. Seems easy enough to solve for if we'd stop being the biggest pussies the world has ever known.

Buckrub
03-22-2013, 12:29 PM
OOOooooo, a possible convert!!