PDA

View Full Version : Well, THAT went well!

Thumper
03-20-2013, 02:25 PM
I took that ol' stainless prop out to the driveway to spray some gunk on it and hose it down to get the exhaust soot off so I could take some nice pics to list on Craig's List. My neighbor happened to pass by during his daily walk and asked what I was doing. I told him the story and next thing he says is, "Hey! I think my son-in-law may need that prop." He called his SIL and told him what I have. Evidently he'd just busted his second aluminum prop in two years! He only has one boat and uses it for everything ... weekend outings with the family, skiing, whatever. BUT ... he also loves to fish and has a habit of hitting "stumps" (at least that's what he said). He's not mechanically inclined and doesn't know which end of a screwdriver is which, so he puts his boat in the shop everytime he needs any work done.

Anyway, to make a long story even longer ... the shop was gonna charge him 550 frigging dollars to install a stainless prop! After I told him what I have, he called the shop and passed on the info. They said it would be the perfect prop and they could handle the rebuild! Anyway, he just called me and said he wants it. His FIL is a good friend and neighbor, so I told him I'd take $175 for it. He's happy as a pig in slop right now!

Heck, I just bought it on Saturday and never even got it listed. I figure $125 profit ain't a bad return for sitting on it for 4 days!

I'm sure I could have gotten an extra $25-$50 minimum ... but what are friends and neighbors for anyway? :D

BarryBobPosthole
03-20-2013, 02:51 PM
Good deal, Thump!

BKB

Big Boy
03-20-2013, 03:11 PM
NICE ! Someone's smiling on you.

BarryBobPosthole
03-20-2013, 03:26 PM
Our very own Fred Sanford.

BKB

Buckrub
03-20-2013, 04:21 PM
*snort*
You beat me to it.....that's what I was gonna say.

Captain
03-20-2013, 04:28 PM
Like I said good find, good eye a lot of people would have passed on it. Those things are like money from home when you get into them as cheap as you did.
Congrats
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner