PDA

View Full Version : K-Cup Coffee Makers

Niner
03-20-2013, 07:12 PM
I am sure some of youse guys use one of those K-Cup style coffee makers.
The Keurig folks' patent has expired and several other players have popped up on the market.

We currently have the Tassimo T-Disk coffee maker, and are thinking of changing to the K-Cup primarily because there is only one kind of T-Disk coffee at most stores around here, and the K-Cup brewers have an adapter that lets you use regular ground coffee with them.

One reason we went to the 1-cup brewer is that we ended up throwing away most of the pot of a "regular" coffee maker.

ANYWAY......for those of y'all using the K-Cup (Keurig style) coffee makers, what kind do you have and how do you like it?

Buckrub
03-20-2013, 07:15 PM
Keurig K-cup, and I love it. But I'd love the VUE system even more.

It's expensive, but so is breathing. I love to have about 5-8 different flavors of coffee and I drink 1 cup a day, and sometimes 2. This is great for me. Wife doesn't drink coffee, so this is paying for it's high cost by me not throwing out pot after pot.

Niner
03-20-2013, 07:20 PM
Bucky, do you know which model it is? They apparently have several models. Does it hold more than one cup's worth of water at a time. One of them I looked at don't hold any more than one cup of water at a time.

BarryBobPosthole
03-20-2013, 07:25 PM
I drink a pot of coffee dang near every morning. But I got my wife an Nespresso espresso maker for Christmas and she has dang near wore that thing out. Its a bit to get used to, because you don't get a full cup of joe, just a couple of shots. But those are pretty strong shots. Still, for some reason it doesn't have the acid regular coffee does.
BKB

Buckrub
03-20-2013, 09:41 PM
Niner, I just looked and it doesn't say anywhere on it. BUT, it's the model that has the biggest 'cup size' choice........and the biggest water reservoir. Yeah, it holds a ton of water..........about 60 ounces, I think...

hang on......

Keurig Platinum Plus......just checked on their site. Plus, if you buy their coffee, you get 'points' and can use it to buy stuff.