PDA

View Full Version : Question for Thumper or others too

Bwana
03-20-2013, 09:12 PM
Is there any value in old plug-in charger cords?

I've been cleaning out the garage and found a bunch of these for items we no longer own and was going to throw them out but if they have value to anyone then...I'm not sure what. Anyway they are from items ranging from cell phones to remote control cars and who knows what else.

Chuck them or ebay?

Thumper
03-20-2013, 10:24 PM
I have a big cardboard box of 'em in the garage. It's one of those things that when the "appliance" dies, it's hard to throw out a perfectly good charger. E-bay is flooded with NEW chargers (prolly Chinese stuff) for $6-$7 each. Even the laptop chargers (power cords) can be bought new for $6-$7. The used cords usually start anywhere from 99 cents to $2.00. I really should throw mine out also (it's not worth the postage) ... it's just hard for me to throw away something that still "works". I also have a box stuffed full of old, obsolete cell phones.

Now, remote cars may be something else. I have no experience with them, so you may want to check it out. Just go to e-Bay and search for the item you have and see what it's selling for. KEY WORDS "selling for" ... NOT what people are listing them for. I have people trying to sell me stuff all the time with some ridiculous price. When I question the amount, they say they checked e-Bay to find a price. I can list a dead fly and ask $100 for it ... that doesn't mean that's what it will sell for.

Big Muddy
03-20-2013, 10:52 PM
I had about as many, laying around, that you guys have....a while back, I got tired of looking at them, so I cut off and saved the ones with 110 volt power cords....they come in real handy for splicing, and making repairs to nicked/damaged cords around my shop.