PDA

View Full Version : ATT (Bell) must be crazy

Buckrub
03-21-2013, 05:13 PM
Mother, next door, had a problem with her phone. I thought it was her phone set and I got her another one. Same thing.........it'd ring one time, no caller ID (That comes on 2nd ring), and hang up. Bam.

I finally turned in a trouble........which in itself ticks me off, you have to do this online, which she can't do, and I couldn't do without a copy of her bill in front of me, but whatever......and they came out and fixed it. They said the feeder cable was buried too shallow and was getting interference.

OK fine.

They sent Ark Ups out to paint the buried cable, etc.........and today ATT showed up to install new cable. Which in itself is fine.

But they drove up in a truck with a ditch witch. They let some guy out, and drove off. He has a flipping SHOVEL. He has spent the last four hours digging a shallow trench from her demarc point out to the pedestal at the street. No help, no truck, nothing. Just him. I don't know when they'll come and replace the cable, or what they plan to do. But that was pretty danged inefficient, unless they are punishing this guy for something@!!!!!

BarryBobPosthole
03-21-2013, 05:26 PM
Has he looked over and seen you peeping out the window shades at him? You're probably making him nervous.
BKB

Buckrub
03-21-2013, 05:31 PM
I went out and talked to him.

BarryBobPosthole
03-21-2013, 05:55 PM
Did he show you his butt set?

BKB

Buckrub
03-21-2013, 05:58 PM
No.

Truck just came and picked him up. It's sleeting so I guess he was happy about that. No cable installed. Knowing these Craft Folks, the due date is probably June sometime.