PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Curmudgeons... Yet Another Reason.

LJ3
03-21-2013, 08:48 PM
From Chesapeake

"Tell Kribbs I said hey. That Thai was the hottest stuff I ever ate! I remember sending him up 66 during HOV time. That was funny. I don't remember much after the Thai food but I think we did both bail early. Of course, if it's not 6 AM then Kribbs thinks it's still early.

I only have time to hunt ducks lately. no time to scout deer or shoot my bow. 3 kids will do that to you as you know.

Boys are playing lacrosse and I'm coaching so that is fun.

Otherwise, still working on Fish and Wildlife stuff and trying to find time for a little fun now and then. Tell the good hunters I said hey. And tell Bucky to quit bitchin.
Meet you for a beer sometime. I'm just across the river from you via Whites Ferry."

You guys are dufes.

We brought up Chessie.

I went to facebook, within 5 minutes found him, sent him a friend request, swapped a couple messages, caught up on life, found out he lives right on the other side of the river ferry from me and we may just have to go get a beer together.

There is no other online application that could facilitate that. Yes, facebook has some downsides. But that is some pretty damn good value for something that's free.

Just sayin'.

Sign up, get an account, lock it down as tight as you could possible want to, so that nobody can see anything you don't want them to.

Then start thinking about all the people you lost touch with in your life. Type their names in the little search window. Chances are you'll make a connection you never thought would be possible.

LW
03-21-2013, 08:55 PM
Or, I'll have three psycho stalking former girlfriends and 42 disgruntled patients stalking me and contacting everyone that I know to try and ruin my life. No thanks, but I am glad you enjoy it.

Buckrub
03-21-2013, 09:28 PM
No thanks.

quercus alba
03-22-2013, 12:01 AM
I don't have friends and I don't need Facebook to talk to my wife's stupid dog

Thumper
03-22-2013, 12:08 AM
Ha ha! Yep, I remember zipping by all those HOV ONLY signs during rush hour ... I had no clue what HOV meant but I was making pretty decent time! (down here they're called Diamond Lanes but at least the remainder of the lanes are open to ANY vehicle). Youse dang dufes tried to get me locked up that night ... when the HOV scam failed to get ME locked up, you managed to get my dang vehicle locked up instead. Nice guys!

Yep, Facebook has been fun for me too. 'Course, I've led a clean life and not trying to hide from anybody! ;)

If you hook up with that ol' varmint, tell him hello and have an extra beer for me!

LJ3
03-22-2013, 08:32 AM
You guys would be the two old coots standing behind Samuel Morse saying "this is stupid, I can get on my horse, ride two weeks go speak to them in person and tell them exactly what I wanted to say." :swordfight

Thumper
03-22-2013, 08:49 AM
Or to Jobs and Wozniak, "E-mail??? What's wrong with Pony Express?" :moon

BarryBobPosthole
03-22-2013, 08:54 AM
I guess I shouldn't ask if Vince or Bucky or LW follows me on Twitter.

BKB

Thumper
03-22-2013, 08:56 AM
I guess I shouldn't ask if Vince or Bucky or LW follows me on Twitter.

BKB

Don't give Sunshine a pass. ;)

Buckrub
03-22-2013, 09:22 AM
Everything I need to know, I find on here. I don't want anyone knowing what I'm doing, or where I'm doing it. Period. I have people out looking for me as it is.

I go to lunch every Tuesday with old H.S. buddies. We go to the Short Skirt Waitress Hamburger Joint and talk for 2 hours. The info I need, I get here. The info I do NOT need, I get there. I'm info'ed out. Besides, my kids are on Facebook. Ugh. I don't WANT to know what they're doing, and I work too hard to keep my nefarious activities from their perspective of reality already. I ain't gonna help 'em.

All that may be many things, but Curmudgeonly and behind-the-times it is not. It's a Fad, and it too shall pass.

Big Boy
03-22-2013, 09:39 AM
Len - if you're havin beers keep me in the loop - I've not had time for FaceBook in ages but I'd love to buy a round for some GoodHunters. I'm trying to hook up with Thump while I'm in FL next week.

Buckrub
03-22-2013, 09:40 AM
Big Boy, RT, DeputyDog, Scott, LW, and Hunter000 are on my radar to meet.......maybe one day when I get to do more traveling.

Thumper
03-22-2013, 10:30 AM
If I were them, I'd take that as a warning! ;)

Buckrub
03-22-2013, 10:41 AM
Well they should, I'm sure.

hotshot
03-22-2013, 11:36 AM
I do not havew a personal facebook account, but Ido keep one for my tennis team.
You would be amazed at how fast a practice plan, or get your physicals turned in message gets things moving.
I have many parents who follow the page.
Scott

quercus alba
03-22-2013, 01:00 PM
most tweeters are narcissists. Tweet chasers have been bypassed by the art of original thinking. There is probably some useful stuff on twitter but most of it is self opinionated drivel or a "look at me" type message. That's what i have the goodhunting forum for.

Post your twitter stuff on here and I'll read it Barry, as long as it's not about Nascar, politics or Thumps gay sex life

Sunshine
03-22-2013, 01:05 PM
There was a segment, on the news, about All Tweets are and continue to be stored.
Library of Congress keeping them, for research.

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-04-14/tech/library.congress.twitter_1_tweets-micro-blogging-twitter?_s=PM:TECH

So everything you have and continue to Tweet, is stored and available to the government and other facilities.

BarryBobPosthole
03-22-2013, 01:18 PM
QA, I wouldn't even know how to begin to twitter.
BKB

quercus alba
03-22-2013, 01:22 PM
That would explain why I can't find you on twitter

BarryBobPosthole
03-22-2013, 01:24 PM
Yeah, I was just messing with bucky.

BKB

Buckrub
03-22-2013, 02:50 PM
Prolly the only fun a crippled old man like yourself ever gets................

LJ3
03-22-2013, 05:34 PM
I tweet.

BarryBobPosthole
03-22-2013, 05:39 PM
Yo da tweetest tang evuh.

BKB

LJ3
03-22-2013, 07:37 PM
I don't get tweeting. It seems very similar to walking around and talking to yourself, about yourself.

Now I have booked a client that saw some of my work via twitter. I setup my facebook photography bidness page to send a tweet each time I updated it, then promptly forgot about it. A year later, lady calls me and says "I saw your tweet, I want to give you money." Kinda like what would happen if Jimmy had a photography bidness.