PDA

View Full Version : "Inexpensive Scope" Comparison Writeup.......

Niner
03-25-2013, 09:56 AM
I was doing some web-surfing looking for some info on scopes and came across this writeup comparing 5 "inexpensive scopes" head-to-head. Not a bad read, and more than a little informative.

Burris Fullfield II, Redfield Revolution, Bushnell Elite 3200, Vortex Diamondback, and Nikon Prostaff...all 3x9x40 units.

:encouragement:

http://www.opticstalk.com/inexpensive-scope-comparison_topic21176.html

Trav
03-25-2013, 12:36 PM
I have 2 Burris Fullfield and 1 of the new Burris Fullfield E1 all in 4.5x14-42MM and I really love them. I think for the money they are hard to beat. I mean obviously if money wasn't a issue I would have all Zeiss or Swarovski.

Buckrub
03-25-2013, 12:44 PM
I sold my Zeiss. I now own Leupold VX-R's because of my eyes. But the optics are great. I DID learn that there are only two areas that optics are made......."Asia" (I dunno, no one can find out), and "German area"....... Leupolds use Asian optics. However, every "japanese" scope I ever had was awful........Simmons Aetec, two Bushnells......and the Barska's are renowned POC's, just from what I read.

At this age I have found that optics are worth about four to five times what a gun is worth, for functionality. I realize if you can SEE fairly well, this isn't true for you.

Trav
03-25-2013, 02:00 PM
I can tell you the Burris scopes I have are every bit as good as the Nikon Monarch I have. I know some folks claim that the Burris won't hold up and that might be true for a monster caliber like a 300mag or something but I have one of them on my .270WSM ABolt and it has been on it for 4 years now and it's still dead on from the time I sighted it in. I shot a doe at 172 yards year before last. This year I took it to the range and it's still in the 10 ring at 200 yards. The deer I shot this year was at a whopping 22 yards. The other 2 are on a 25.06 and a .220 swift (Thanks Thumper) respectively.