PDA

View Full Version : Anybody heard from TW lately? Johnboy?

Thumper
03-26-2013, 08:43 PM
He and I had a nice e-mail exchange going a few months ago, then it was like he fell off the face of the earth. I asked him to please give my number to Marg and to have her please call me if a major medical crisis arose, but I haven't heard a peep. I actually dreamed about the old fart last night ... he was looking REALLY good (in my dream) ... healthy, great color and looked much younger than when I saw him last. I don't know what that all means, but I just dropped him an e-mail. I'm hoping he checks in here or at least answers my e-mail. I really miss that old fart around here. He's one of the REALLY good guys and I couldn't be happier that I've met the dufe and spent quite a bit of time with him during my multiple visits up there. I will always have fond memories of ol' Dubber. I just hope he's doing well with his fight against that nasty "C-word".

Johnboy, weren't you planning a trip out that way recently? Did that ever happen ... or is it still in the planning stages? Have you heard anything from The Dubster?

BarryBobPosthole
03-26-2013, 09:34 PM
Last We emailed was in Feb. and he was getting some radiation. I will shoot him a note too and have him pop in and say hey.
BKB

johnboy
03-26-2013, 11:22 PM
I heard from him a couple of weeks back and he seems to be doing ok. Tell the crotchety old fart to get on the keyboard and post a time or two. With the crappy weather they're getting there, what else does he have to do. :D

Thumper
03-27-2013, 05:57 AM
I was pretty much exhausted last evening and crashed relatively early. Ol' Dubber responded to my e-mail around 9:30 last night, but I didn't see it until this morning.

He's been going through some massive chemo treatments and it sounds like he's on a very aggressive follow-up treatment program. He sent a looong e-mail and filled me in on all the details of how life is treating him, but I won't copy/paste unless he asks me to. Hopefully he'll check in here. To give you an idea, here's a snippit from the beginning of his e-mail ... as I said, he's been "busy".

I'm OK..... I guess. Been through the chemo session and also did 10 straight days of radiation, 2 treatments a day, 1 to my head and 1 to my chest. (and he's getting ready to start yet another round of treatments)

I have to admit, I'm worried about him and hope these treatments do the trick. He has the same type cancer my step-dad and Tony (Gator) had ... it's VERY agressive and fast growing. His cancers have slowed down, but they haven't stopped growing/spreading entirely. Maybe this next round of treatment will reverse that. I don't mind spilling my guts here ... I really love that old codger. The first time we met, there was some sort of bond made that I can't really explain .. but it will always be there. He's solid gold in my book.

I don't know if he'll check in here or not. I kind of doubt it as he's got quite a battle on his hands right now ... but overall, he's doing pretty darn well, considering the circumstances. I know we all have our own ways of "praying" ... so I'd like to ask all of you to pull for ol' Dubber in whatever way you prefer. It sure can't hurt.

Niner
03-27-2013, 09:27 AM
I can just imagine how he is feeling. They never hit me with the radiation, but the chemo they were giving before the sugery was VERY powerfull stuff, had to be an in-patient for 10 to 14 days for each treatment......and it really took the wind out of my sails (so to speak).

I send up a lil prayer for TW very frequently.