PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Phole the Pepper Pusher....

Big Muddy
03-27-2013, 02:25 PM
Stepped into the house a few minutes ago to grab a sammich....one of wifey's friends sent us some Sriracha relish....pretty day'um hot, but pretty day'um good, too....not NEARLY as hot as "yo stuff", however....(I keep a fire day'um extinguisher next to "yo stuff" because, sooner or later, that sheeit is gonna spontaneously combust. ;))

You ever heard of the Sriracha stuff???....it's pretty mild, even compared to jalapeno....slightly sweet and very tart, and quite good on these pinto beans, I'm having with my sammich. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
03-27-2013, 02:30 PM
I've had Thai Rooster sauce which I think is the same thing. Good stuff, although it's a little sweet for my taste. Kind of like a hotter Tiger sauce. I like it with chicken or steamed shrimp the best.

I'll try it on beans next time we have them. I think I have some in the fridge.

And there'll be a new batch of my hot sauce coming this year. that stuff gets hotter and better with age! If you're interested in a bottle or two let me know. Not sure if I'll do the green and the red batches or not.

BKB

Big Muddy
03-27-2013, 02:44 PM
Thanks, anyway, but the 2 little bottles you sent me last time, is still enough to last me another 30 years!!!....my rule-of-thumb formula for soup or stew-making is 1/2 drop of "yo stuff" to 5 gallons of soup/stew. ;)

If I ever get attacked in my house, and can't get to my guns, I'm gonna throw some of "yo stuff" in his eyes....he'll just WISH, I had shot his azz, instead!!! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
03-27-2013, 02:47 PM
Its why I named it what I did.

Heck, I'm about out, which is why I'm going to make a new batch this year. I've even looked into where I can get the little wooden kegs I am going to age it in.

BKB

Big Muddy
03-27-2013, 03:26 PM
Wood ain't gonna work!!!....better use something non-flammable....like that tile-stuff they use on the space shuttle....or, maybe the metal from a bulldozer blade. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
03-27-2013, 03:29 PM
Hahaha...it ain't that hot, Eddie. You need to work on your callouses!

Thumper sat here at my kitchen table and ate that stuff like it was candy.
BKB

Thumper
03-27-2013, 06:18 PM
Ha! I drink Sriracha like water! In fact, after reading this post, I figured I might need to check my supply. I snapped a cell phone pic of my present inventory. Looks like I'm good for a couple more weeks with two 17-ouncers and a honkin' 28-ouncer! ;)