PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Music

BarryBobPosthole
03-29-2013, 10:53 AM
This is what I'd classify as an earworm.

Funny story about this guy: We had a get together of old roommates from the olden days over New Years eve this year and at one point in the discussion we were talking about what music we were all listening to these days. I mentioned I liked the Red Dirt genre and said I'd gotten a kick out of listening to Jimmy Lafave. My old buddy from Austin and his wife both expclaimed 'That guy is an asshole!'. Come to find out, Jimmy Lafave had 'stolen' my buddy's brother in law's wife when he was playing in Austin. Small world. I still like his music.

BKB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCG6BC4hUuU

Thumper
03-29-2013, 11:25 AM
...my buddy's brother in law's wife...

WTF??? Wouldn't that be your buddy's sister? ;)

BarryBobPosthole
03-29-2013, 11:27 AM
No, it'd be his wife's brother's wife.

BKB

DeputyDog
03-29-2013, 11:28 AM
Not if it is his wife's brother's wife.

BarryBobPosthole
03-29-2013, 11:32 AM
A friend of mine and I worked this out over beers one night about 1988.

If it's your sister's husband (or wife), it's your brother in law. and you're responsible for him because he's family. If its your sister's husbands brother (or sister) it's your sister's brother in law and therefore not your responsibility. In my experience, and what my buddy and I worked out as true, that's where the trouble usually originates from in any large family gathering.

Thumper
03-29-2013, 11:41 AM
Oh yeah ... I ain't married and sometimes forget some guys are. :D

Got it now.

Figure this one out. Years ago, (my mom and dad were divorced) ... my dad was dating a gal 20 years younger than him ... they eventually got married and she became my step-mom. Well, she had a twin sister whom I was dating! (True story) Now if I'd married the sister ... what would all the relations have been? ;)

Thumper
03-29-2013, 11:45 AM
Oh yeah, to add to the confusion ... they had two sons (also twins) who are my half-brothers. What would they be?

As a side note: My mom and dad had twins (my brothers), my mom's sister had twins (my cousins), my dad remarried a twin (my step-mom) and they had twins (my half-brothers).

BarryBobPosthole
03-29-2013, 11:49 AM
That's why you hear 'Uncle Dad' a lot in Arkansas.

BKB