PDA

View Full Version : Taxes,

jb
03-29-2013, 02:13 PM
I seem to wait longer and longer each year to get them done, just dropped them off this AM and should know next week what the results are. Lucky to break even, those dirty rotten bastards that spend it like there's no bottom to the bank.:pissed

Tightline
03-29-2013, 04:13 PM
If hard work and success are met with higher taxes and more goverment intrusion, while not working is rewarded with EBT cards, WIC checks, subsidized housing and free cell phones... you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by fuckin idiots,

Buckrub
03-29-2013, 11:08 PM
I just got mine back from CPA in the mail.

I'm in shock. I will have to borrow a ton of money to pay this years taxes. I've never even seen this much money. I don't make squat, and I owe WHAT? This is the first full year of no actual salaried job....and I'm in deep doo doo. This isn't some hyperbole......we are going to have to do some kind of major lifestyle changes....... I've not been this scared in a long time. Going to bed and think on it, but right now, I'm in deep shock.

I'm a poor man, by any standard y'all want to use.....other than Thump, I bet I've made less than anyone around......and yet I got by, and figured it out, and did ok. Right now, I'm seriously considering "Greeter at Walmart".......course, I'd kill someone the first day, so that's out.

Heck, I can't even make jokes about this. This is bad, serious, stuff. Old car with 183,000 miles, $500 a month underwater minimum for the forseeable future.............glad I have lots of bullets and paid for boat, I guess. Not sure how to feed the boat or truck. OH, and the four wheeler is still in shop and gonna cost a mint.

OK, sorry, I'm rambling......talking to myself. Slobber rolling down my chin, too.

Wow. This is Bad City.

And I LITERALLY can't even think about where this tax money is going or I'll go either Postal or Insane.

jb
03-30-2013, 10:40 AM
I'll bet its because of your MIL estate. We had to deal with that also this year, but she had all her assets in a trust, much easier on the tax bill.
You'll survive, you always do.

Buckrub
03-30-2013, 10:53 AM
Yeah, I will. But this is a big one. Very unexpected, and a hard, hard hit. I won't recover in one month!!@! Or three!! This is the first 1040 filed with no actual 'salary'. Fine, but with salary came a large tax withholding. I tried to estimate post-salary income and put withholding on SS and IRA sales, but it wasn't nearly enough. So the worst part is that now I have to redo the withholding on 2013 income so this doesn't happen again next year.........and I have to do it over 9 months since I'm just now figuring it out. Either that, or figure out how to put back enough savings to just pay a big check every April, and I don't see how to do that either.

The only option is to take it out of IRA, which depletes the IRA, AND causes more tax liability in the following year every time I do it.

I still am MORE ticked off at thinking where it's going. I need to have more choice on that. Letting it go where some jerkwater yankee senator or president chooses to spend it is as bad a thought as actually sending the money in. I feel like I'm paying them to find new ways to change my life for the worse.

Buckrub
03-30-2013, 11:02 AM
I don't make half that amount of income..............

DeputyDog
03-30-2013, 12:18 PM
Are you implying that there are no jerkwater Senators from the south?

Buckrub
03-30-2013, 12:33 PM
Sure. We have one here. But he's a pointy headed Yankee.......he just lives here.

BarryBobPosthole
03-30-2013, 12:34 PM
You could also file an extension and lessen the one time hit. The IRS will also setyou up a no interest payment plan that'll reduce the impact. Back when the AMT was really hitting hard (thank you Ronald Reagan and George Bush) we did that for a couple of years.
BKB

Buckrub
03-30-2013, 12:35 PM
Hmmmmm.

OK. Will consider.........

Thumper
03-30-2013, 07:40 PM
This is the third year in a row I didn't make enough money to even have to file a return. Talk about a major lifestyle adjustment! :(

Buckrub
03-30-2013, 10:04 PM
I wish I paid a million dollars a year in taxes.