PDA

View Full Version : Just wonderful

BarryBobPosthole
03-30-2013, 09:14 AM
Woke up pissing blood this morning and a dull ache in my kidney on my left side. Kidney stone time! I've passed a couple of them before and it ain't no picnic. Time for cranberry juice and gallons of water!

Crap. I'drather be fishing.

BKB

LW
03-30-2013, 09:21 AM
Sounds like time for 0.9 normal saline at 200 ml/hr, dilaudid 2 mg IV prn and abdominal CT for renal stones. Now you know how I feel when you start that techno phone talk.

This too shall pass.

Niner
03-30-2013, 09:23 AM
I feel for ya brother! Between this and your gout, you might ....MIGHT have too much uric acid in yer system. Fixable with allopurinol....that is IF they are uric acid stones....which is what I used to make a ton of until myy urologist put me on that stuff.

Prollyy gonna need to break out somekindof pain killers if she's a very big one.

My last one was Thanksgiving 2011.....RIGHT in the MIDDLE of all that high powered chemo I was getting back then.

LJ3
03-30-2013, 09:25 AM
Ouch. Pretty sure I would freak the hell out if I pissed blood!

Big Muddy
03-30-2013, 09:36 AM
Ouch. Pretty sure I would freak the hell out if I pissed blood!

Me too, Len....and, just think, wimmin go thru that sheeit every 28 days. ;)

HideHunter
03-30-2013, 09:38 AM
Give or take 10. ;) never trust anything that bleeds that much and don't die.

Chicken Dinner
03-30-2013, 10:11 AM
My Mrs. just got some impacted stones busted up a few weeks ago. The concept of the stent they had to run from her kidney to her bladder and how they get it there still gives me the willies. At any rate, don't just assume they'll pass on their own.

Buckrub
03-30-2013, 11:04 AM
So, are you weepy and whiny and want to eat a lot of chocolate, with this stuff????

BarryBobPosthole
03-30-2013, 11:21 AM
No, just mainly doubled over with pain.

BKB

LW
03-30-2013, 11:40 AM
If you are hell bent on toughing it out at home then just drink plenty of water, actually, lots and lots of water. Take some anti-inflammatories (toradol, orudis or just ibueprofen) and whatever pain med you might have. Then drink 3 or 4 beers and walk like a pregnant woman at the hospital. Do this stuff. Its your best chance. So says my friend the urologist. You are welcome.

BarryBobPosthole
03-30-2013, 12:14 PM
Thanks, LW. That's pretty much what I'm doing. The past couple of times I've had one the doc just gave me a seive to pee through and told me to go home and tough it out.
BKB

Captain
03-30-2013, 12:35 PM
Been there and done it MANY times. Been operated on Twice for ones that would not pass.
No fun I feel for you!!!
Take care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Buckrub
03-30-2013, 12:41 PM
I was gonna say that "I feel for you", but figured Thump would misinterpret it.

This may be the one thing I haven't had......knock on wood. But I do hope somehow you get better soon. Sounds awful.

Buckrub
03-30-2013, 02:13 PM
Then I don't guess you guys would care much for multiple Diverticulitis attacks...........

Thumper
03-30-2013, 07:47 PM
Hmmm, I remember back in December of '08, I went in for a routine physical and the doc found blood in my urine. A few different tests later and I was in the hospital for a major, life-changing experience! I gots ta' say though ... I've never experienced a kidney stone.

Buckrub
03-31-2013, 04:21 PM
Any better today??????

Big Muddy
03-31-2013, 06:22 PM
Only had one stone....hit me the night before my scheduled colonoscopy, the next day....called my butt-hole doctor(a real joker), and gleefully said, "I guess you'll have to reschedule my butt-reaming, 'cause I got a kidney stone, huh???"

He said, "Nope, I'll see your azz tomorrow, ha ha ha.".....and, boy DID he!!! ;)

Big Muddy
03-31-2013, 06:31 PM
Oh, btw, hope you get thru this, Phole, and get to feeling better....someone mentioned beer???....an old lady-nurse once told me to drink 4 beers, as fast as you can, and it would make you pass your kidney stone....haven't had another opportunity to test that suggestion, but sometimes, I like to practice, just in case. ;)