PDA

View Full Version : What's your take on the N. Korea situation?

DeputyDog
04-01-2013, 12:10 PM
It seems that things are getting pretty amped up over there and we seem to be right in the middle of it. Sent B-2's on a training flight over last week and now are deploying F-22's.

Seems to me that it's hard to tell what's going to happen, and if they do start shooting, if Kim will actually use any of the nukes they supposedly now have. Where does China really stand this time and will they get involved and on which side? :)AR

Buckrub
04-01-2013, 12:12 PM
Usually, N. Korea starts screaming when they run out of food. (There's not a dog, horse, cow, animal, in the whole country). The US offers them food/money to placate them, and they back down.....sometimes slowly to 'save face'. Usually it's all done behind the scenes.

Still, you can't ignore them. China has their hand straight up the backside of Ive Been Ill, or whatever the name of the current nutcase is.

Thumper
04-01-2013, 12:36 PM
I didn't think anyone could be as bad as dad ... but junior is a certifiable nutbag! Bucky has a point ... their history is to scream and yell, then we throw money at them and they go away for a few years. No clue what's going on in that dork's mind though. He's crazy enough to start pushing buttons.

BarryBobPosthole
04-01-2013, 12:38 PM
If they did, they wouldn't last a week.

BKB

Thumper
04-01-2013, 12:43 PM
You and I understand that. The question is ... does HE understand that? He's got a major screw loose.

LW
04-01-2013, 01:07 PM
Some thing that I wonder about are 1. Are we trying to assassinate the asshole? If not, why?, 2. Could we ever be pushed to pre-emptively tactically nuke them? We have to start swatting down these rogue nation sabre rattlers in my opinion.

Buckrub
04-01-2013, 01:16 PM
Can't nuke N. Korea........... S. Korea is too close.

LJ3
04-01-2013, 01:39 PM
If we did take military action. Old school carpet bombing is the way to go. Assassination is too light. We need a nation to know the consequences, not the nutbag leader.

DeputyDog
04-01-2013, 01:52 PM
Have you watched any of the videos that have been released recently supposedly by N. Korea showing "how things really are in the US"? I know that it's one of the most repressive and poor countries in the world, so how much info does the general public get from the outside world? Is their main source of info what their government provides to them?

Barry, that's what everyone thought the sixty years ago too. At this point, I don't see that we could get behind a major war there unless he does manage to have missiles that can reach the US and he uses them. I would think, given the current situation in this country, the big push would be to pull all our troops out of the South and let them deal with it themselves.

That is until the general population here realizes how much we are tied to S. Korea economically and it affects them in their wallet.

BarryBobPosthole
04-01-2013, 02:36 PM
We'll protect South Korea like we've protected Taiwan all these uears. Its just an opinion but I doubt this little fat kid from Korea is going to be able to do much on his own, unlike whe north korea invaded south korea.
BKB

DeputyDog
04-01-2013, 02:46 PM
They still have a pretty large army don't they?

LJ3
04-01-2013, 02:53 PM
I'm pretty ignorant of the status of both Korea's, economically. Should the success of Samsung and Kia given the south enough money to build an Army? I'm only half kidding! I had assumed that they were in decent shape economically?

Where's Foo when I need him? He's an ess'pert on Korea!

Buckrub
04-01-2013, 02:58 PM
He's stashin' cash.

Buckrub
04-01-2013, 06:01 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/04/01/china-mobilizing-troops-jets-near-n-korean-border/?intcmp=trending#ixzz2PFIlcfd5

Here's serious question for you guys...........what the HECK will YoMamma's Liberal base do if he goes to war with a brand new foe????

My guess?

His followers, about 55% of America, won't disagree with anything he does, ever, for any reason, regardless of what us 45% think........ he could come to work naked, boink the dog on TV, shoot two reporters at a News Conference, and Nuke London, England. His followers would build him a statue.