PDA

View Full Version : Who to trust? Mortgage broker? or Lender?

LJ3
04-01-2013, 02:58 PM
So... when looking for a home mortgage, with "recovering credit" in the high 600's... who would you look to in order to get the best deal? I don't know much about the industry, to be honest. I understand the difference between a broker and a mortage company eomployee.

Can anyone hip me to where I can get the best value? Who I can trust? who is more likley to care about my personal intersts (ha!)? Who should I avoid?

Any guidance is much appreciated!

Arty, you're in the bidness, aren't you?

jb
04-01-2013, 05:12 PM
I and my boys always got ours from a mortgage broker, (friend) They can shop around for the best deal vs. a bank that has only their interest in mind.

Chicken Dinner
04-01-2013, 05:32 PM
I've got a good friend in the business whose a real straight shooter. I can't say if he'd be the best deal or not, but email me if you want his contact info.

Buckrub
04-01-2013, 05:56 PM
He wants his contact info.

Arty
04-01-2013, 07:28 PM
You want a broker that is also a friend, or a friends friend.

Or you want to deal straight wit the company (read cubical minion) that will hold your mortgage.

JB is right - but brokers have their best interest in mind as well. Unless you know them.

Go with Hank's guy if Hank knows him well.

And definitely drop a name.

Everyone I knew up there that was in the bidness before the big bust is now doing landscaping or working for the gummit

Arty
04-01-2013, 07:31 PM
Bottom line.... Broker is a middle man. You're gonna pay a fee to him/her fund the best deal.