LJ3
04-03-2013, 02:13 PM
Testify...

Bwana
04-03-2013, 02:14 PM
Wasn't that Mae West's motto too?

Big Muddy
04-03-2013, 02:45 PM
Personally, I've never been "into" fancy rods, and I've never owned more than three fishing rods(poles) at any one time....all 3 were in three sections and three different mfr's....about four years ago, I broke all three in a span of about four days....found the crappie, spawning in the ironwood bushes that year, and I got careless and broke all three of them.

The first one broke at the tip....second one, at the mid-section....third one, at the butt end....I kept the un-broken parts, and a couple of years ago, I got to messing around with them....I took a good tip, good middle, and good butt, and wanted to see if they would match up and slide together.

Danged if the sections didn't match up perfectly!!!....it doesn't look fancy because all three sections are different colors....black butt, silver middle, and fluro-orange tip....red-necky, crazy-azz looking crappie pole, but no telling how many fish I've caught on it without a glitch.

LJ3
04-03-2013, 02:57 PM
That could set a new trend, Eddie! I'll let you know if I see it in the Cabela catalog!

I never thought there could be much difference in those high end rods to be honest. Once I got the Loomis last year, I definitely can see and feel the difference. Do they catch more fish? you could make a case for them giving you a better chance, especially bouncing bottom baits across varied structure.

I went to add another Loomis to my shopping cart this eyar and just couldn't do it :)

I still have my old mitchell spinner that was my first "big boy" reel. I wanna get one of those fiberglass buggy whips like I used to have for it. No idea where to get one, though.