PDA

View Full Version : Is this all true?

Bwana
04-03-2013, 05:07 PM
Oklahoma is the only state that Obama did not win even one county in the last election...
While everyone is focusing on Arizona's new law, look what Oklahoma has been doing!!!!

An update from Oklahoma :

Oklahoma law passed, 37 to 9 an amendment to place the Ten Commandments on the front entrance to the state capitol. The feds in D.C., along with the ACLU, said it would be a mistake. Hey this is a conservative state, based on Christian values...! HB 1330

Guess what.......... Oklahoma did it anyway.

Oklahoma recently passed a law in the state to incarcerate all illegal immigrants, and ship them back to where they came from unless they want to get a green card and become an American citizen. They all scattered. HB 1804. This was against the advice of the Federal Government, and the ACLU, they said it would be a mistake.

Guess what.......... Oklahoma did it anyway.

Recently we passed a law to include DNA samples from any and all illegal's to the Oklahoma database, for criminal investigative purposes. Pelosi said it was unconstitutional SB 1102

Guess what......... Oklahoma did it anyway.

Several weeks ago, we passed a law, declaring Oklahoma as a Sovereign state, not under the Federal Government directives. Joining Texas , Montana and Utah as the only states to do so.
More states are likely to follow: Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia, Carolina's, Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri, Arkansas, West Virginia, Mississippi and Florida. Save your confederate money, it appears the South is about to rise up once again. HJR 1003

The federal Government has made bold steps to take away our guns.. Oklahoma, a week ago, passed a law confirming people in this state have the right to bear arms and transport them in their vehicles. I'm sure that was a setback for the criminals The Liberals didn't like it -- But....
Guess what............ Oklahoma did it anyway..

Just this month, the state has voted and passed a law that ALL drivers' license exams will be printed in English, and only English, and no other language. They have been called racist for doing this, but the fact is that ALL of the road signs are in English only. If you want to drive in Oklahoma , you must read and write English.. Really simple.

By the way, the Liberals don't like any of this either

Guess what...who cares... Oklahoma is doing it anyway.

BarryBobPosthole
04-03-2013, 05:23 PM
yep, pretty much. Not sure all of it is meaningful but I'm grateful for the parts that are.
BKB

Buckrub
04-03-2013, 05:31 PM
Just curious. Which part is not meaningful? And meaningful to whom?

Captain
04-03-2013, 06:31 PM
WOW Bucky you really are wanting to fight with Posty today...
I take a little SD jab every now and then as he does with me but DAMN you wanting to fight!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Buckrub
04-03-2013, 09:39 PM
Nah. Not really.

Just don't like letting below the belt jabs go unrecognized. Little 'snippets' of "I'm right and you're all wrong" sorta hit my upper rib cage a bit hard. Besides, I don't see a fight. I said I was curious about two questions. I just asked 'em. Guess that's not allowed........

H*&^, this place is like fighting with a woman!!! If you ask "What did you mean when you said X?" she thinks I'm insinuating some deep, evil thing. What I really meant was simply "What do you mean by that statement?"

Geez. Y'all are plumb weird sometimes.

HideHunter
04-04-2013, 09:14 AM
lol.. you know what Bucky? I caught it and I get it. Perfect example of the little "under the radar" jabs you hear constantly from the "liberal press". No offense Posthole.. just "noticing". ;) I don't want to fight either. What I want is the shallows to warm just *slightly* so I can go catch a big bass on the flyrod. 22 yeserday morning - 33 this morning. Looks like *maybe* Monday or Tues.

BarryBobPosthole
04-04-2013, 09:32 AM
I'm not sure at all what under the radar liberal media type jabs you are talking about. You'll have to explain that one to me.

the part of this that's not meaningful to me is the ten commandments part and the state 'sovereignty' part. Oh, we also passed a law that said we wouldn't allow 'sharia' laws in Oklahoma. I guess that's not reported here but is also pretty irrelelvant to me.

BKB

HideHunter
04-04-2013, 10:06 AM
Aw.. I was just making reference to the situations when the press is pretending to just report the news - even making a simulated effort to report the "other side". .. . but they always have to get that oooone little underlying jab in there. The truly good ones are almost subliminal. Hey, I wrote for a living for awhile and I was a master at it. I even had the sales manager of one magazine get hold of me and offer me a job. Said I was wasting my writing - I was a born salesman. Told him I couldn't sell $5 bills for a quarter. He said I only needed to be taught to go for the throat... but I digress... again. :hopelessness:

p.s. I have never really watched Fox news. I had occasion to the past couple weeks. Wow.. now there's a "slant". :D

BarryBobPosthole
04-04-2013, 10:41 AM
ah, I see what you mean. We have a VERY Republican state here in Oklahoma. Which is really strange when you think about it because I think there are more registered Democrats than there are Republicans. I think you'd call us a 'Blue Dog' state. Its sometime frustrating because most Okies are very reluctant to changes. Most o the changes that the republican regime here have done I've agreed with and supported. We were ahead of the rest on illegal immigration for example. But along with that comes all the stuff that really doesn't mean anything but is more sabre rattling to appeal to the ultras than anything else. The ten commandments thing is an example. Can't think of a single job its created, can't think of a single dollar its brought to the state. But its largely symbolic, supposedly of our state's values. That I get. What I don't get is all of the time and energy they spent passing it, and it took a lot of money and time to do it, while we laid off hundred of teachers the whole time that was going on. We're VERY underfunded in education in our state and it irks me we find time and money to spend on that. So what is inscribed on the state capitol doesn't mean much to me.
If that's an underhanded jab, then I reckon I'm guilty.
BKB

Buckrub
04-04-2013, 10:45 AM
Agree with Hide Hunter. And thank you for verifying that I'm not crazy! I know, many don't agree with me, but I'm not crazy. My opinion is valid too. And my point was simply that I believed that all those things OK did were indeed meaningful, including the ones that Posthole thinks are not.....especially those..... It's no secret our politics are not the same. But it's just what HH said, that little side snide remark that goes like "I GUESS that's good stuff, but of course some of it is worthless/meaningless/less important".........that gets me. And it did there too.

I do not WANT to fight, contrary to public belief. I just won't back down on my valid positions, not until you prove them invalid. I doubt seriously I'm very different than every one of you in that regard, truth be told. Seems that if I ever challenge someone's thoughts, I get hammered more on the fact that I had the audacity to challenge someone than I do on the issues. But what the heck, some people just don't seem to handle being disagreed with very much, seems to me.

Oh.........and "Whatever" and "OH please" are not valid comebacks in any situation, ever. That's also my two cents, and just mine. They both mean "You are an idiot and it's beneath me to explain to you why".

HideHunter
04-04-2013, 10:56 AM
"under the radar" and "underlying" - my words - not "underhanded".. that's your word.. damn liberals. :D

BarryBobPosthole
04-04-2013, 11:02 AM
haha it's the way I roll!

I need to fish too. This just makes me thirsty.

BKB

Thumper
04-04-2013, 11:08 AM
Damn! I'm lost on this one. For the life of me, I can't see where all this drama is coming from. It's like ya' haf'ta walk on pins and needles around this joint anymore. When did we turn into such a big bunch of pansy-assed pussies? I think I'm gonna run out and buy stock in Kleenex this afternoon! (and don't get all technical on me ... I suppose I should have said, "Kimberly-Clark" ... but you get the point) Sheeesh!

HideHunter
04-04-2013, 11:27 AM
Hey - bite me. I just spent two weeks in your gawd-forsaken state and it's enough to make anyone testy. I can't believe anyone would live there on purpose.

There - something to get your teeth into. :D

Thumper
04-04-2013, 11:35 AM
.... I don't remember getting a phone call. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
04-04-2013, 11:40 AM
HH, were you there for a shuffleboard tourney?

BKB

Thumper
04-04-2013, 11:44 AM
He prolly went home with blue hair. ;)

HideHunter
04-04-2013, 11:46 AM
Hey, I caught a trout. :D

Yeah - Jim.. I wasn't even really going to mention it. It was a whole "family working-vacation hurry-up last-minute" kind of mess. Glad to be home.

Buckrub
04-04-2013, 11:53 AM
Whatchyoo talking about?? Why is anyone walking on eggshells? Spouting off your opinion of stuff is what we do. Been doing it since you had hair. Why is there an issue now?

Thumper
04-04-2013, 12:00 PM
Whatchyoo talking about?? Why is anyone walking on eggshells? Spouting off your opinion of stuff is what we do. Been doing it since you had hair. Why is there an issue now?

Huh? I thought that was MY question. I think I'm lost. I'm going back to sleep.

Buckrub
04-04-2013, 12:05 PM
You asked where the drama was coming from. Thought that was a question. Sorry. You must be dreaming.

Thumper
04-04-2013, 01:48 PM
You picked out one sentence ... the post was meant to be taken as a whole. Nevermind ... I want to get back to the whole point of this thread. I agree 100% with P-hole here. This country has some SERIOUS issues that need to be addressed and fixed. He mentioned two issues that are a total waste of time and tax-payer money IMHO ... and P-hole's too obviously.

P-hole quote;

... the part of this that's not meaningful to me is the ten commandments part and the state 'sovereignty' part ...

Sovereign state??? Give me a frigging break. This is the UNITED States of America. What part of that is so hard to understand? Maybe Washington should play the game and simply cut off all Federal funding and assistance to the State of Oklahoma. How long would that fly?

And the Ten Commandments issue? Jeeeez! WTF does that have to do with the State Capitol? It's a ridiculous waste of time. The Ten Commandments is BIBLICAL law ... NOT State (or even Federal) law. (except a few things like theft and murder, etc.) Whatever happened to the separation of church and state?

Again, I think legislators have bigger fish to fry than f'ing around with trivial bullshit like this.

Sunshine
04-04-2013, 02:12 PM
Are you people forgetting this country was founded "Under God"!
If you don't like that, move to a foreign country.

I'm fricken tired of all the bullshit people, trying to cram their changes on me and this country.

Trying to take the word "God" out of everything.

Attempting to take away our rights!

If you fricken come to this country, we speak English. It's our language.

When I lived in Panama, I had to learn their language.

If you live in China, you better know their language.

If you came to this country, illegally, you don't deserve anything , but passage back to where you came from, and your lucky you're getting that!

If you illegally entered ANY other country, you'd be doing hard labor in jails.

This country has gone to hell and its time people fricken wake up.

Our founder fathers are rolling over in their graves, seeing what's happened to this country.

Buckrub
04-04-2013, 02:14 PM
*Snort*

Talk about drama@!!

Just kidding. I know that's your opinion. I get it. It's a valid opinion, and it's worth discussing (if you were more calm!! :))....

But it just sorta tickles (?) me that the folks that claim loudly how tolerant they are, are so intolerant of the opinion of so many. But not sure what I can do about it, other than say I disagree.

Thumper
04-04-2013, 02:24 PM
Not sure if you're addressing Sunny or me. (?) I'm calm as a cucumber ... Sunny, on the otherhand, needs to take a red. ;)

Buckrub
04-04-2013, 02:25 PM
On Post #22, your eyes were popping out. I could see 'em.

Thumper
04-04-2013, 02:56 PM
Sunny quote:

Are you people forgetting this country was founded "Under God"!
If you don't like that, move to a foreign country.

I'm fricken tired of all the bullshit people, trying to cram their changes on me and this country.

Trying to take the word "God" out of everything.

Attempting to take away our rights!

If you fricken come to this country, we speak English. It's our language.

Settle down Sunshine ... you're spreading bullshit as the Gospel.

1) This nation was NOT founded "under God". Did ONE of our founding fathers have a personal interview with God? Sure, some of the early settlers (read; religious dissenters) came here hoping to establish their own, personal little religious utopia ... but the Constitution was adopted as a completely secular document.

2) Move to a foreign country? Are you kidding? I believe the early settlers invaded and claimed THIS country. Maybe the Native Americans would agree with you ... maybe we SHOULD go!

3) People are trying to cram their changes on you? Aren't YOU trying to cram something down MY throat with your rant? We don't share the same views ... does that make ME wrong? And YOU right?

4) I could care less if the word "God" is plastered all over town ... it's simply not an issue with me. Heck, it's on our money ... I won't refuse to take it or spend it.

5) Taking away your rights? You live in a "blue state", so "you" helped elect Obama didn't you? :poke

6) "If you fricken come to this country, we speak English. It's our language" ....

What is "ours"? If I remember my history correctly, the "foreign language" speaking Europeans came here and basically wiped out the native populations AND their language. The point is ... everything is relative. You just want to pick and choose how far back in history you want to go. Going all the way back to Biblical times is "ok" ... but on other subjects, you only want to go back to the 16th/17th century. Where do we draw the line?

Buckrub
04-04-2013, 03:02 PM
Back to the original subject:

Here's two "Dollars and Cents" discussion topics related to this, since some don't think this has anything to do with money.........

1)
http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/04/us/connecticut-gun-law-overhaul/index.html

2)
Colt, Ruger, Mossberg, Charter Arms, Marlin, Smith, Seecamp, National Shooting Sports Foundation are all in Connecticut. I suspect they (like Magpul, etc., in CO) will be looking for a new home. Reckon places like OK might be more conducive to their way of life???

Oh, and Jim, again I get your point. BUT...

The Consitution was NOT "adopted as a totally secular document"......... Does the term "Endowed by our Creator" not obviate "totally secular"????

Hmm???

Sunshine
04-04-2013, 03:03 PM
How many times have you pledged your allegiance to the flag of this Untied States of America?

Do you not say "Under God?"

Buckrub
04-04-2013, 03:06 PM
Sunny, that was added in 1954. A good year, I might add. I started first grade. So my first attempt at saying it (every morning), included that phrase. I doubt it stays there long. Too many Jim's in the US.

BarryBobPosthole
04-04-2013, 03:10 PM
I don't think its being intolerant to have an opinion that carving the 10 commandments on our capitol makes one whit of difference in how feel the people here feel about God or spending money in Oklahoma. It really had more to do with how certain politicians felt about appealing to their constituency. (Is you or is you aint?) And our country wasn't 'founded on God' or 'under one God'. Our forefathers came here to avoid religious persecution supposedley (although the real reason most of them came was to avoid taxation in truth). Sure our leaders are mostly spritual type people as are most Americans. But what God they serve is their own business and that's what the country was really founded on, freedom to worship (or not) as we damned well please. And again, carving words on stone means nothing. Its what you do inside those walls that counts. But again, that's just my opinion.

And I'm sure those arms manufacturers would do well here. I hope they come here. If they think its a wise business decision based on our open carry laws then more power to them. Not exactly a good reason again, IMO, but hey its their business. I'd rather them come here for our work ethic, our low cost of living, and out outstanding people. But hey, what do I know about business?
BKB

Captain
04-04-2013, 03:10 PM
Maybe Washington should play the game and simply cut off all Federal funding and assistance to the State of Oklahoma. How long would that fly?

It would have to go both ways Thumper.... Oklahoma would not have to PAY into the Federal Government if they did not RECEIVE federal funding. In which case Oklahoma would be the richest state in the Nation! Care for their own and have money to burn...
The federal Government IS the biggest waster of money ever. The federal government should be comprised of about 10 folks with a annual budget of about a million bucks for travel, salaries, and entertainment of visitors etc.
And no I ain't Shit Disturbin'. This is my heart felt belief.

Take Care, Captain

Sunshine
04-04-2013, 03:11 PM
I'm glad I won't be here, fifty years from now or sooner.
Hate to see what this country is turning into.

If I had known, what has happened, I would not have had kids!

Not going to be a good country, for them.

Thumper
04-04-2013, 03:18 PM
I have to run Bucky ... have to write a letter to present to a big honcho with the State of Florida tomorrow ... and I haven't started.

I don't have time to play right now and will check out now ... but I "believe" you're referring to the Declaration of Independence. That's a whole 'nuther document.

Maybe I'll have time to play later ...

Sunny ... take my earlier advice ... as Cheech & Chong would say, "Take a red, man!" ;)

BarryBobPosthole
04-04-2013, 03:20 PM
It would have to go both ways Thumper.... Oklahoma would not have to PAY into the Federal Government if they did not RECEIVE federal funding. In which case Oklahoma would be the richest state in the Nation! Care for their own and have money to burn...
The federal Government IS the biggest waster of money ever. The federal government should be comprised of about 10 folks with a annual budget of about a million bucks for travel, salaries, and entertainment of visitors etc.
And no I ain't Shit Disturbin'. This is my heart felt belief.
Take Care, Captain

The soveriegnty deal was a bunch of hot air. Now we did opt out (for now) of the federal funding for health insurance exchanges and I support that. any time Oklahoma has accepted money from the feds, when its gone we end up with the pig in the poke. The feds don't give you money, they get you pregnant with it. the governor is now trying to figure out how to set up our own within the boundaries of the current health care law. that doesn't sound to me like sedition. Its just another way of doing things. The sovereignty deal was a message to the feds more than anything else. Old Glory waves really proud over my state and we ain't going nowhere.

and yeah, you are a shit disturber. Kinda remind me of me sometimes
BKB

Thumper
04-04-2013, 03:20 PM
Bite me Cappy ... a few Okie 'naders would wipe out their reserve. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
04-04-2013, 03:21 PM
HEY!

BKB

Captain
04-04-2013, 03:32 PM
and yeah, you are a shit disturber. Kinda remind me of me sometimes

No way, I can't put my hair in a ponytail (yet) and I catch a LOT more fish.... ;)

Buckrub
04-04-2013, 03:47 PM
Cappy is VERY wrong.

It should be no more than 9 people (single digits) and a budget of forty bucks.

DeputyDog
04-04-2013, 03:52 PM
Barry, my ancestors did come to this country for religious freedom. The paternal line came here from Ireland so it wasn't illegal for them to practice their religion and they could actually own property, and also so they weren't forced to tithe to the Church of Ireland, which is Anglican, and a very small minority of the population.

My maternal line came from Switzerland because they were Anabaptist, and were forced out of Switzerland and then Germany, both by established "state" religions.

BarryBobPosthole
04-04-2013, 04:03 PM
Lots of folks did, Deppity. And I'm glad they did. And that's the very reason I don't think state sponsored religions are a good idea, regardless if they're one of 'ours' or not.

Otherwise I wouldn't be able to buy condoms!

BKB

Buckrub
04-04-2013, 04:43 PM
I agree with you. Otherwise, we'd soon all be Muslims.

BUT, I see a huge difference in a state supported RELIGION and a state that acknowledges that there is a Creator and doesn't back down from those beliefs just because a few folks don't agree. I fully support all of the First Amendment......but that includes the phrase "NOR SHALL PROHIBIT THE FREE EXERCISE THEREOF"............. It ain't free exercise if the "state" keeps telling you that you can't even mention it here, there, over there, or in this way, or that way........... pretty danged intolerant if you ask me.

BarryBobPosthole
04-04-2013, 05:01 PM
Yep, all of this stuff about ordering our words so they don't offend somebody is downright ridiculous. And if a member of our government or a representative of our state wants to use their office to espouse their religious beliefs then I say more power to them. All of us have something in our core that makes us what we are and there's not a thing wrong with people letting other people know what that is. So we agree, believe it or not.

Where we probably don't is this hoo hah about sharia law and ten commandments and all of that stuff. I don't think its necessarily wrong or should be prohibited, but I fail to see where it moves the cause forward on bit. In fact, its exclusionary. If you believe that only the christian religion should be our guiding principle in running our STATE, then I don't think you're any better than the shiite muslims who you're supposedly trying to prevent from running ours. Same principle, different uniform is all.
Religion is personal. All of this other stuff is just trying to make it public and that smacks of something I read about in the Bible that Jesus spoke out against.

BBK

Buckrub
04-04-2013, 07:03 PM
I agree with that. But not liking folks stating their beliefs publicly, and keeping them from mandating those beliefs, are not the same.

Here it is in a nutshell. There are those that think that if a politician mutters "Jesus" that somehow that's a violation of the (unwritten) separation of church and state. They see the word "church" to mean "Any statement of belief in anything supernatural" and want any mention of such to be prohibited. Balderdash.

And I see the stuff about Sharia Law and such, to be analogous to making voter ID a requirement. It isn't that there is some humongous problem to be solved..........it's that there needs to be a law against bad things in case they happen. Heck, the law against murder is that way!! It's good to have that law even if no one ever commits it. Sharia Law is very simply the requirement that Islamic Law be incorporated into civil law. You don't want that, I bet. This law just says "Don't even think of asking for Sharia Law!!". I see no problem. And I continue to also abhor the very weak argument "They have better things to do". Heck fire, can't you do two things? Do you do every single thing in your life in the order of importance, from 1, down to 50? No. You do a lot of things. Some are more important than others. Implying that it's silly to worry about X until you solve Y, is.........well, silly. You can solve X, and Y, and nine other things, if you want to.

BarryBobPosthole
04-04-2013, 07:46 PM
Christian beliefs are used by all kinds of people for all kinds of justifications and reasons. that's the part that bugs me. I wouldn't for a second tell any of them that they shouldn't espouse their religious views. But frankly, they're mostly fools that do and use it as a cop out for real logical thought.

Here's one example.

BKB

54 minutes ago
Sen. Nelson endorses same-sex marriage
politicalmugshot
Posted by
CNN Political Unit

(CNN) - Florida Sen. Bill Nelson on Thursday joined a recent wave of Democratic senators announcing their support for same sex marriage, reversing his position on the issue and telling a Florida newspaper the "civil rights and responsibilities for one must pertain to all."

His statement to The Tampa Bay Times quoted the Declaration of Independence and asked, "If we are endowed by our Creator with rights, then why shouldn't those be attainable by Gays and Lesbians?"

"Simply put, if The Lord made homosexuals as well as heterosexuals, why should I discriminate against their civil marriage? I shouldn't, and I won't," he wrote.

Nelson becomes the last Democrat not elected from a conservative-leaning state to endorse same-sex marriage. There are six Democrats in the Senate who have not endorsed same-sex marriage. Those six are Sens. Joe Donnelly of Indiana, Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota, Tim Johnson of South Dakota, Mary Landrieu of Louisiana, Joe Manchin of West Virginia and Mark Pryor of Arkansas.

The Supreme Court heard oral arguments last week in two cases on the issue, including a challenge to the federal Defense of Marriage Act that defines marriage as between a man and a woman.

Nelson said he will join "the petition of senators asking the Supreme Court to declare the law that prohibits gay marriage unconstitutional."

He was elected last year to his third term in the U.S. Senate.

There are currently two Republican senators, Rob Portman of Ohio and Mark Kirk of Illinois in the body who support same-sex marriage.

– CNN's Paul Steinhauser and Gregory Wallace contributed to this report

Buckrub
04-04-2013, 07:54 PM
I think you lost me with that one. But I'm a bit weary from actually working in the shop........so, maybe I need a Red Bull or sumpin.

Buckrub
04-04-2013, 07:58 PM
BTW, let me say this. I know you equate me with Right Wing Nutcases, but let me tell you a couple of things I believe:

I believe that there should be NO difference in any law or tax that differentiates even slightly for married vs. unmarried folks.

I believe that if there are any "benefits" from government stuff.....like death benefits for a 'spouse' of Social Security, e.g...............that they should be abolished. No spouse should 'claim' anything after you're dead. There should be a designation you MUST make.......and if it's spouse, then fine. If it's a charity, fine. If it's your neighbor's wife, fine. Whatever. Whomever. Eliminate the LEGAL benefits a spouse gets.

I believe that marriage should not be sanctioned by the State whatsoever.

I believe marriage is sanctioned by God. I want the State out of it.

I believe I'm hungry now. Later.

Thumper
04-04-2013, 08:16 PM
What? Legislators multi-task? Surely you jest! ;)

As for the "monument" I could give a rat's ass ... but just for principle, look at it this way. If you like to boink your wife in her ear hole in the privacy of your own home ... and you both enjoy it ... I could give a squat, it's you perogative. But if you do it in broad daylight on the corner of 5th and Main, it then becomes "pornographic" and unacceptable by normal societal standards.

I have no problem with gays ... whatever floats your boat ... who cares? But when they take to the streets in drag and put on a freak show and demand "special treatment" and try to force their lifestyle on others ... they become flaming faggots.

Being a redneck isn't a bad thing per se' ... pee off your porch, scratch your nuts and fart in front of the wife and kids in your own livingroom if you want ... no problem, but I DO have a problem with "white trash." It's all how one presents oneself in "public".

A majority of blacks are respectable members of society ... cross that social line from respectable to worthless thug and one becomes a nigger.

Christians are no different. I'd say 99.999% of "Christians" are basically good people. But some cross the line and become radical Christians ... NOT a good thing.

Now, not EVERYONE is a Christian. I define myself as agnostic although a few here prefer to call me an athiest. That bothers me ... I simply "don't know" what is real when it comes to religion and frankly, NOT ONE SWINGING DICK here does either. You can "believe" anything you want ... that doesn't make it true. Now ... the State Capitol grounds are owned by ALL of the State's citizens ... the churches do NOT own it ... in fact, the dang churches don't even pay taxes, so IMHO ... the citizens (athiest or otherwise) should have more say than the church. If religious monuments (such as the one with the 10 Commandments) can be erected on public-owned property, shouldn't it be ok for an athiest to erect a billboard promoting atheism on church property? What's the difference?

I know I've gone to the extreme here, I'm simply trying to make a point. If YOU believe a certain way ... do NOT try to shove YOUR beliefs down MY throat. Just as you would not want a flaming faggot to shove his .... up your ... just because HE believes it's acceptable!

Keep it in the church where it belongs and don't "force" your agenda on others. The whole argument is silly "to me" ... I'd simply walk by the thing and not think a thing of it. But again, if you're dealing with principles ... and it does bother some ... I can't see where the "church" would be right and everyone else "wrong".

Thank you for your time. ;)

Thumper
04-04-2013, 08:20 PM
Ooops! That post is a bit late I suppose. I didn't realize youse dufes were yammering while I was typing. ;)