PDA

View Full Version : Hey Gunther ....

Thumper
04-04-2013, 11:22 AM
Good to see you back dude ... I hope it lasts.

Are you all healed up and good as new?

Gunther
04-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Healed some, been back on streets since Dec 2011 which at first was tough. Leg ain't perfect but I'm running 3-5 miles most days. Gotta drop some couch fat. Kinda weird at times because leg ain't quite on straight. It was hard getting used to using the leg right again, been over a year and it's finally getting to the point I don't have to think about every step.

I feel for ya buddy, still have pain but can't imagine what you've been through. God still has a plan for you even if you are a frigging atheist.

Thumper
04-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Ha ha ha! Yep, you're back to your old self I see. Good to have you around again ya' old dickhead!

Know what you mean about the "couch fat". The most excersize I can get is "maybe" a walk around the block at most. I try to avoid the pain pills, but it's a catch-22 ... if I move much, I need something to fight the pain ... if I skip the meds and don't move much ... I get fatter by the day. I'm working on my diet (not seriously, but changing the simpler things) as my blood sugar goes up a bit higher with every pound I pack on. I'm borderline right now ... up another point and I'll have to start dealing with that issue. Sheeesh, it's a never ending battle lately.

Buckrub
04-04-2013, 02:25 PM
I started to exercise again and now I have Plantar Faciitis. Ever had that? My first time. Dadgum, I can't even walk.

Does it EVER stop????