PDA

View Full Version : ATV is back

Buckrub
04-04-2013, 02:24 PM
Took him a while.......he had two Honda's he had to rebuild the motors on (Yeah, I'm jabbing you, but that's the real truth!!)......

Ring job. Most of the cost was labor. He said that it had been through SERIOUS water and that the few trips I took in the last two years were NOT the culprit. He said it looked to him like it had spent most of it's original 1,100 miles in deep water! So, I bought a pig in a poke. And it had nothing to do with make or model. (I never disagreed that Honda ATV's are not reliable, or cheaper, btw. I just don't like them).

I suppose I have something that will last quite a while now, or at least I hope so. He said that this one can't be bored out, requires new cylinder, etc......so if I blow this one up, it's big bucks to fix it. I guess that was his "Now go and be careful, son" speech.

The new tires I got (sold my old ones, bought new, not much $ difference) are sure taller, and the $80 lift kit makes a world of difference. Ground clearance is WAY up there now. I have to get a step stool to get on the thing!

I've got the back basket off, and putting it back on this afternoon with some better connectors, and moving it back a little for more clearance.......... I have a chance to go back with my buddy to his 'wet' camp again this weekend, may do it.....too much water to fish.......

Anyway, spending less than a grand is far cheaper than any new one would have cost, and now I have a good, big wheely that'll go dang near anywhere.

The End.

Niner
04-04-2013, 03:26 PM
Glad you got 'er fixed....and for less than a grand...wow.

Will all of that elevation make it top heavy? Not pokin'...serious question.

Buckrub
04-04-2013, 03:45 PM
Yes some. Better than drowning out. I don't go anywhere fast, and for sure not in curves......but yes, it makes some difference. I don't know how much it's higher..........the kit said 2 inches.

johnboy
04-05-2013, 11:38 AM
Where is the air intake located on that machine? Can you add a snorkle or some such to move it above the waterline?