PDA

View Full Version : Here ya go Sunshine

BarryBobPosthole
04-05-2013, 09:09 AM
Something else you can boycott because 'under God' was left out of the pledge. Of course, its totally false but hey, it doesn't make any difference as long as we all agree with it.

Maybe its where I live, but I've never seen or heard the pledge with those words abridged.
BKB

Buckrub
04-05-2013, 09:18 AM
One more reason not to buy gag-me-tasting Pepsi.

Thumper
04-05-2013, 09:21 AM
Ha! Yeah, you're right ... it ain't true, but it flooded everyone's e-mail inboxes as "fact" 10-11 years ago!

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/undergod.asp

Thumper
04-05-2013, 09:22 AM
One more reason not to buy gag-me-tasting Pepsi.

I guess you didn't read the part about it being "totally false".

Buckrub
04-05-2013, 09:25 AM
Yep.

Just woke up this morning searching for another reason to dislike Pepsi, and decided to use that one, false or not. Seems to work for others, what the heck?

Thumper
04-05-2013, 09:28 AM
You do bring up a point though. I try not to drink much coke (that's a small "c"), but it goes really well with spicy food, which I love (in fact, I'll be having Thai for lunch today).

BUT ... I just can't drink Pepsi. It tastes like I'm drinking liquid cola/sugar syrup. Don't get me wrong, I love "sweet" and can't stand diet cokes (again, a small "c") but Pepsi is just over the top IMHO.

Buckrub
04-05-2013, 09:30 AM
Curmudgeon.

Buckrub
04-05-2013, 09:31 AM
Pepsi is what coke tastes like if you pour it in a glass over ice and let it sit out for a day.

BarryBobPosthole
04-05-2013, 09:33 AM
I don't usually drink pop, or soda or whatever you want to call it. Unless there's Kraken rum involved. Then its Diet Coke.
BKB

Buckrub
04-05-2013, 09:37 AM
You're deranged.

BarryBobPosthole
04-05-2013, 09:38 AM
Likely so. But its a good deranged.

BKB

Buckrub
04-05-2013, 09:40 AM
It's ok. You probably have a charcoal grill outside.

Thumper
04-05-2013, 09:48 AM
With this back problem I've gained weight like a pig due to the fact I can get very little exercise. I've cut back on my eating, but haven't really gotten serious about dieting. BUT ... as my weight increases, so does my blood sugar and I'm now "border-line diabetic". My doc says if my sugar goes up one more notch, I'll have to go on meds (not sure if that's pills or injections). She also signed my ass up for a nutrition class which I recently attended.

I have to admit, I've never paid attention to labels in my life regarding calories. BUT ... in that class, the instructor took a small 12 oz. glass and said, "This is the size of your average coke". She then said she'd show us how much sugar is in ONE can and then proceeded to open those little sugar packets like you get in restaurants ... she opened one at a time and poured them into this glass. She dumped TEN frigging packs of sugar into that glass! I have to admit ... I couldn't tell you ONE thing I actually learned in that class other than that one very rude awakening. I came home and we had a partial 12-pack of Cokes here, a partial 12-pack of Cheerwine and a 12-pack of Walmart (store) brand root beer that Lynn picked up for some silly reason and I'd never opened it.

Out of curiosity, I looked at the labels and was shocked! A 12-oz. coke has 140 calories and the Cheerwine has 150! I looked at the (non-diet) Wallyworld Rootbeer and it has only 35 calories! How can that be? I opened one and tried it (expecting to hate it) and it tasted fine. Just thought I'd pass that along ... it's made an impression on me.

Buckrub
04-05-2013, 09:52 AM
Aspartame.

Google that if you want a scare.

Coca Cola can, 12 oz, also has about 400 grams of Sodium. A Sam's Cola (not available at Sam's stores, by the way) has about 130. Sodium is a huge problem with trying to diet.

If you want to lose weight, you have to do nothing that you enjoy, and five things that you hate. For a long, long time. Then repeat for like, forever.

OR.........keep eight friends instead of six.