PDA

View Full Version : I know we have discussed this before...

LW
04-06-2013, 07:26 PM
But Bull Durham is the greatest baseball movie ever. What a great way to spend saturday evening. Enjoying it with a nice jar of applie pie juice.

quercus alba
04-06-2013, 08:02 PM
I hardly think term baseball movie and the word great should be mentioned in the same sentence. At least in my own humble opinion

LW
04-06-2013, 08:09 PM
Opinions are like.....

Captain
04-06-2013, 08:48 PM
I hardly think term baseball movie and the word great should be mentioned in the same sentence. At least in my own humble opinion

Agreed especially when it stars a couple of anti-American assholes like Susan Sarandon, Tim Robbins! I'll never watch anything either of them are in...
I would enjoy some of that liquid Apply Pie however! :D
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

LW
04-06-2013, 08:54 PM
Two points Captain. 1. You watch the movie for Kevin Costner and 2. If you think applie pie is delicious, have you ever had strawberry shortcake? If I was a good neighbor, I would drop some to our favorite yuppie, liberal Owassan the next time I have extra.

Captain
04-06-2013, 09:09 PM
Kevin Coster is a good actor and I enjoy his movies, however his politics are not the same as mine. The difference between him and that scank-ass Susan Sarandon, and Tim Robbins is he don't wear it on his sleeve....
Beside I can watch him in Dancing with Wolves or Open Range and not have to look at the other two.
I have had Strawberry Shortcake and it is good. But I like the Apple Pie better.
One of these days I'll have to introduce you to Wilderberry Juice!
Take Care, Captain

hotshot
04-09-2013, 12:44 PM
Interesting point... I loved that movie the first few years it came out. Then.......I started listening to what Sarandon and Robbins kept spouting off about... I think it was the first gulf war..... the movie hasn't been the same since for me.

Captain
04-09-2013, 12:57 PM
Interesting point... I loved that movie the first few years it came out. Then.......I started listening to what Sarandon and Robbins kept spouting off about... I think it was the first gulf war..... the movie hasn't been the same since for me.

Ditto!
Take Care, Captain

BarryBobPosthole
04-09-2013, 12:58 PM
Well, I still like her titties. And I still think Bull Durham is one of the best baseball movies ever.

BKB

Captain
04-09-2013, 01:03 PM
I remember when the movie was filmed not to far from where I live. It was a big do around these parts. Sorta like it until they started their shit and then I wrote them off.
Posty you can have her tits and all...
Take Care, Captain

BarryBobPosthole
04-09-2013, 01:16 PM
Well, dang. that rules out The Natural, Field of Dreams, and Major League too.

BKB

LW
04-09-2013, 01:50 PM
I enjoy baseball more than politics so I will continue to watch the movies. Watching their movies on tv doesnt put a penny from my pocket into theirs and it in no way shows me supporting their view points. How many people do I regularly do business with that have their same opinions and I never know it because they dont have the guts to be public about it? At least they have an opinion and stand by it. I know, you guys are about to throw me off the group for this one.

Trav
04-09-2013, 01:59 PM
I really enjoyed "Long Gone" but I would say my favorite baseball movies is "the Sand Lot" classic. “You’re Killing Me Smalls!

BarryBobPosthole
04-09-2013, 02:00 PM
Is that a baseball movie, Trav? I've never heard of it.
BKB

Trav
04-09-2013, 02:10 PM
which one? The Sand Lot heck yeah it's a baseball movie. One of the best you have to check it out.

Captain
04-09-2013, 02:21 PM
" I know, you guys are about to throw me off the group for this one."

Heck no! You part of the glue that holds this thing together. Enjoy.
Take Care. Captain

BarryBobPosthole
04-09-2013, 02:26 PM
Trav, I was talking about Long Gone. I've seen Sandlot. That quote is one of my BIL Bob's favorite expressions.
BKB

Trav
04-09-2013, 02:34 PM
Long Gone, yeah it's pretty good but it's a HBO movie I think. I don't think it was released in the theaters.

BarryBobPosthole
04-09-2013, 02:41 PM
"61" is also another great HBO baseball movie. One of the better ones I've seen.
BKB

Trav
04-09-2013, 09:27 PM
"61" is also another great HBO baseball movie. One of the better ones I've seen.
BKB
Barry do you have the HBO ap on your IPAD? you might find Long Gone there?

BarryBobPosthole
04-10-2013, 08:40 AM
Yep I do and I'll look for it.

Have you been watching Vikings? I think Ragnar might be able to take Chuck Norris nine rounds.

BKB

Trav
04-10-2013, 09:36 AM
I have been watching it, I love it.