PDA

View Full Version : Ha! I think I'll buy my mail carrier a white cane!

Thumper
04-08-2013, 05:31 PM
I had to run to the store to pick up a Rx for B/P meds. When I came home, I noticed the mail dude driving down the street. I parked my truck in my driveway, then walked out to wait for the mail. Now, I live on a cul-de-sac, but there's PLENTY of room to make the turn-around. Heck, the Fed Ex/UPS trucks make it. The garbage, recycle and yard trash trucks make it ... and this guy was driving one of those little Jeep thingys.

Well, I walked out, stood next to and leaned my elbow on top of the mailbox while waiting for him to get there. He made the wide swing around the end of the cul-de-sac, pulled up toward my box and WHAM! He hit the frigging box! I made a joke of it and accused him of trying to run me over as he backed up to get a better angle. That's when I noticed the top of the right front fender is COVERED with fresh gouges through the paint and into the metal. Sheeesh, looks like he has a habit of hitting the boxes. Now, he's backed up and is coming back to disperse the mail (counting the neighbors, there are 4 boxes side by side). I'll be damned if he didn't whack the heck out'ta my box again! Man-o-man ... I'm thinkin' this dufe got his driver's license at Walmart!

Bwana
04-08-2013, 05:45 PM
Time for an eye appointment perhaps?