PDA

View Full Version : "The Birds"

Bwana
04-10-2013, 12:43 PM
Had an eerie feeling I was in a remake of that classic movie this morning when I got out of my vehicle at work. There is easily dozens, more likely hundreds, of robins in and around the building I work in this morning. I could see a dozen or so on the ground before getting out of the pickup but then once I got out I was greeted by the sound of the oodles of robins singing all around me. Have to admit it was sort of a surreal feeling having the sounds of singing robins coming from all directions at once as their music literally filled the air.

Looking out the window I noticed a BIG flock of starlings joined the orgy for a while but they seem to have left now but the robins can still be seen flying back and forth plus I can even hear their singing through the building.

Given they have been here for over 4 hours already I wonder if they will stick around long enough to run home and get the shotgun for what would be an exciting afternoon of shooting or at least until the cops showed up. ;)

I've seen flocks of 30- 40 robins in a bunch before but nothing like this. Weird.