PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Eddie

Buckrub
04-11-2013, 02:55 PM
I searched a bit for your post about the "sweet 100 yards" on Lake Chicot but didn't find it...........so I'll reply here.

Was reading the Arkansas site at Crappie.Com and saw where some guy from KY was coming down there Saturday for a family get together, and was asking about how the conditions were. Couple of guys answered, and one old guy that comes to the annual Crappie Camp in AR every year from up north, put this line out there:

Wish I could remember who it was last spring at camp that found a "secret" group of cypress knees that seemed to breed fish. Was down on the south end if I recall. Good luck at any rate.

That made me think of you. Maybe that's just their traditional stomping grounds that you found????

Buckrub
04-14-2013, 10:40 AM
I think Ed runneded off.

Big Muddy
04-14-2013, 10:12 PM
Yep, I just got in about an hour ago....I've been entertaining a couple of Okie buddies from Meeker, and an Arkie cousin from Marion....we've been at the lake house since last Thursday....didn't do too good on the crappie, with all the recent rains....but, I did manage to put them on some huge schools of yellow and striped bass, and some fat catfish....their arms were hurting, when they left, but were all smiles.

I doubt if anyone has found my cypress tree honey hole....never seen anyone even near them....gotta have a small johnboat to even get to them....after a few more fishing trips, I might even find THEIR hole. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
04-14-2013, 11:38 PM
We had a huge fish fry tonight of crappie, bass, hush puppies, navy beans, sweet tater friers and fresh made mango salsa and chips as an appetizer. I'm full as a tick and happy to have had the bounty from the creator, whoever and whenever he is.
Life is good.
BKB

Big Muddy
04-15-2013, 09:33 AM
We had a huge fish fry tonight of crappie, bass, hush puppies, navy beans, sweet tater friers and fresh made mango salsa and chips as an appetizer. I'm full as a tick and happy to have had the bounty from the creator, whoever and whenever he is.
Life is good.
BKB

Yep, life is good!!!....and, btw, "HE" is, too!!!