PDA

View Full Version : Gone to the Concert

Buckrub
04-12-2013, 02:31 PM
Going to Little Rock to see George Strait on his First "Farewell Tour". I doubt I go to another one. I don't do concerts well, but this is one of Mama's BIG Bucket List items and we got tickets in December. Nosebleed, but tickets.

I can't go into details, but hopefully my house will be standing when I get back (and I mean that literally). Lots going on, and my stress level is Beyond the Pale with no sleep all night.....but hey, I'm gonna go and make Mama happy as I can. Felt like Thump yesterday, was selling half of what I own to pay taxes for half my family, but hey, got that done too somehow. I thought an IRA was to retire on, but I found out it's to pay taxes for folks with.

Hope to talk to you dufes tomorrow.

And yeah, I know what he looks like.........and no, I couldn't name a single song he ever sang. But I bet I will tomorrow.

Later girls.

BarryBobPosthole
04-12-2013, 02:36 PM
They don't smoke pot at concerts any more. So you'll get some funny looks if you do.

BKB

Buckrub
04-12-2013, 03:03 PM
64.874509 years of funny looks from everyone. Nothing new for me.

Just not going to 'pack' cause I don't want to walk all the way back to the truck and have to put it up. Same for binocs.

You'll be glad to know this is at "Verizon Arena"......formerly Alltel Arena. For all I know you personally get money from my exorbitantly priced tickets.

jb
04-12-2013, 03:05 PM
Have fun, it's been a few years since we've attended any, but the ones we went to were great.
Remember one in the early 70's with Neil Diamond, (still one of the wifes favorites) We slept in line in the parking lot in the rain to get tickets. Beautiful summer night for the concert outdoors, great seats, great show. Kay and her girl friend rushed the stage and she got to touch his shoes. OK she was still in her 20's back then, it was fun.
Seen maybe 20 in our lives, another great one was the Beach Boys outdoors back in the early 70's, booze, pot, summer night and music, some damn good times.

BarryBobPosthole
If it's Verizon Arena, then it'll probably start 90 days late.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
And that's business days, not calendar days.
BKB

Buckrub
04-12-2013, 03:14 PM
If nobody here got that joke, you know I did. And I'm still laughing.

Least it ain't Rogers Arena. :poke

And JB, I'd have gone to those!!! We saw Kenny Rogers and the First Edition!!! Before he was someone. And we honeymooned (at Six Flags) with Conway Twitty. But that's about it.

Thump story in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...........

(bye guys)

Trav
04-12-2013, 07:18 PM
You could escalate but you better brush up on your Philipino.

Buckrub
04-13-2013, 01:51 PM
Just when I had learned Mujibar.

Concert was good. 90% of the folks knew every word to every song, even the 1979 ones. I didn't. I couldn't even understand the words as being sung. Big arenas have awful acoustics and they make up for it by being very loud. I will say George Strait knows how to sing a simple song really well, and has a recurring beat and theme to most of his. That's why he's 30 years into it, on top. Good stuff.

Martina McBride, or whatever her name was.........has a great voice, and even better backup singers. She has range too. She and George did a duet of Jackson and It Ain't Me Babe that was good....they did it their style rather than try to copy Carter/Cash. But her act had way too much "thumpa thumpa" bass and drums.....just like you hear in the cars going down the road (or my back yard all night on some nights). No way you could even hear her sing half the time, much less understand what she was saying. Could have been our location, too, don't know.

Overall, good stuff. Wife really enjoyed it.

Did see a lot of............scenery. However, not sure why this state is listed as 'poor'. There were a couple of Tramp Stamps that I couldn't read in the crowd, but I think one said "Everything below this sentence is great stuff and don't you be dissing it, Honey".........all on one line. Others were a mite prettier to behold. Crowd was OLD, mostly though. Surprised me.

johnboy
04-13-2013, 02:24 PM
They don't smoke pot at concerts any more. So you'll get some funny looks if you do.

BKB

Shoulda told that to the folks at the Neil Young concert we attended in Vancouver last November. The air was so thick all you had to do was take a couple of deep breaths and you were gone. Kinda nostalgic to look down into the pit and watch all the fireflies twinkle. Great to see all the old fogies like myself mixed in with the youngsters and all tripping to the same music. Loved it!