PDA

View Full Version : Did any of you see this? What an accomplishment!

DeputyDog
04-13-2013, 07:51 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/21-strikeout-perfect-perfect-game-happened-jersey-145105276.html

I can remember a few years ago, Jennie Finch, who pitched for the US Olympic softball team was on This Week In Baseball, and they would have her pitch to some of the big time pros. They couldn't come close to hitting her. The motion and ball movement was so unlike anything they were used to, they couldn't even touch the softballs.

LJ3
04-13-2013, 08:26 AM
Pretty cool! Having been around fastpitch as much as I have, I can appreciate that accomplishment. Some of those pitchers are true badasses.

Niner
04-13-2013, 08:48 AM
That is just awsome!
The colleges will be lining up to get her.
I have a niece that got a scholorship to play on a team at a college in Capn's back yard.

hotshot
04-15-2013, 11:37 AM
I have played baseball in my youth, and a little fast pitch.... dated a girl who pitched, (yeah I caught... Let's just say you'd put up with the jokes too! she was a hum-dinger....
anyway.. Hitting a softball is tough for baseball hitters- different swing, different ball movement. A baseball comes in from high to low. A softball comes in low and rises for the most part.
A baseball hitter tries to hit the top half of the ball. A softball swing is slightly above the ball in all practical purposes for a baseball hitter. You want to see a baseball hitter look stupid- show them 2 fastballs and then a change-up thrown by a fastpitch softball pitcher.

BarryBobPosthole
04-15-2013, 11:45 AM
OU has a senior gal named Keilani Ricketts that just broke a school record with her 116th win. Her numbers are amazing. Her ERA last season was .99 and she had like 105 complete games in 137 starts. She started this season with back to back no hitters. Those fast pitch gals can bring it.

I usually watch the gals on TV during their college world series. I always get a kick ouot of the Cal Poly Tech team. Their whole team looks like a bunch of hookers but man can they play some ball.

BKB

Buckrub
04-15-2013, 06:41 PM
You got something against hookers, there Red?????

LJ3
04-15-2013, 07:44 PM
They can put some incredible movement on the ball too. The physics of the increased surface area give them more to play with.