PDA

View Full Version : The Proverbial Old Boot......

Big Muddy
04-15-2013, 09:30 AM
After a great day of fishing with my Okie and Arkie buds on Friday afternoon, we enjoyed an early supper of crawfish, frog legs, and catfish at the lakehouse....afterwards, they wanted to fish off my pier, so I threw out some fish feed around my boat docks.

They began catching catfish and bream, almost immediately....I just sat there in my lounge chair with a margarita in-hand, watching those city boys giggle like school girls, every time they caught a fish.

We were all laughing and joking around in the cool afternoon air, when one of the Okie boys set his hook on what seemed like a monster catfish....after several minutes, he finally reeled in his prize "lunker"....so help me, it was an old black rubber boot!!!

We were absolutely, rolling with laughter....I snorted my entire margarita, up my nose!!! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
04-15-2013, 09:44 AM
I'm afraid I'd have to mount that on a board or something.

BKB

Big Muddy
04-15-2013, 10:05 AM
I'm saving it for sure....hung it up on top of one of the pier poles....heck, it might have some of Jimmy Hoffa's dna on it. ;)

hotshot
04-15-2013, 11:31 AM
chumming for cats and bream?????? ain't that cheating? Even for city boys?
how do you fillet a rubber boot?

Big Muddy
04-15-2013, 03:00 PM
chumming for cats and bream?????? ain't that cheating? Even for city boys?
how do you fillet a rubber boot?

Gotta put your "sole" into it....sometimes I just crack myself up!!! ;)

Big Muddy
04-15-2013, 03:20 PM
Here's another fishing pic from last weekend....those city boys really like their bananas....sorta reminds me of the Clampett's on vacation. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
04-15-2013, 03:28 PM
If it'd been the real Clampetts, one of them would have tried that old boot on to see if it fit.
BKB