PDA

View Full Version : girls' tennis season

hotshot
04-16-2013, 12:35 PM
Well, after 2 rainouts, we finally got a match in this spring. after a stellar boys' season, I got my first win as a High School girls' head coach. Played a nearby school that wasn't a challenge, but a win is a win. Tomorrow- we have a school that will measure us. A traditionally tough school that has a larger school population. That isn't always a certainty that they are good, but shear numbers help the "luck" involved.
Luke is playing middle school tennis as an 6th grader. His first match is this weekend. Abby is running track and has scored in every meet: running 800 and 4X400 relay.
To put a little perspective of my world right now.....
My wife's schedule is insane during the spring season.... While I am gone 3-4 nights a week with matches all over NE Indiana....
Luke hustles off to baseball practice, then back to school once the high school girls get done for his tennis practice, Abby does her track workout, then changes shoes and goes to club volleyball. She played in one last basketball tourney over the weekend. This Saturday Luke has opening day of little league, then his tennis match. Abby is playing ion a volleyball tournament... at least 3 matches. I have an all day tennis invitational......
My wife is a saint!

Sunshine
04-16-2013, 01:45 PM
Makes me tired just reading it.

You guys are insane!!!

Hope everyone does well.

Chicken Dinner
04-16-2013, 04:21 PM
I feel your pain. Right now Thursday is the only night (or weekend day) where we don't have to be some place. Frequently, two.