PDA

View Full Version : Repair advice....

Big Muddy
04-17-2013, 01:43 PM
Wifey's washing machine at the lake house will not go thru the drain or spin cycle....we took it with us outta the old fish camp, and it's about 10 years old....normally, I'd just suck it up and buy a new one, but it's in a tight location.

Works fine until it hits the drain-then-spin cycle, so, if anyone thinks it might be a simple fix, I'm all ears....thanks.

quercus alba
04-17-2013, 01:48 PM
be real good to hang paper targets on

BarryBobPosthole
04-17-2013, 01:50 PM
What kind of washer is it? I had a similar issue with our Whirlpool front loader here while back and it ended up being the pump filter was completely clogged. I think I found like four dollars in change, a couple of jigs, and whole bunch of lint and crap in it. On mine, the pump and filter were right behind a front panel and it was a snap to remove the filter and clean out all the crap. Some of those have a safety mechanism that'll shut off the washer so it doesn't burn up the pump.

Its either that or Sea Foam.

BKB

Buckrub
04-17-2013, 01:52 PM
The insides of old washing machines, that tub with the perforation, makes the BEST minnow holder for extended camping trips at the lake! We used to use 2 of 'em all the time. Tie 'em to a tree, push 'em out a bit. Bolted on a spring loaded wood door on top to keep 'em from jumping out.

You could do the same thing, and just put your jigs in it. :wavey

Thumper
04-17-2013, 02:02 PM
Simplest problem ... clogged filter or kinked/clogged drain hose.

Next simplest ... switch not working on the door (either door not activating or switch bad)

Next simplest ... broken belt.

Kiss it good bye ... pump took a crap.

yellowk9
04-18-2013, 11:07 AM
Mine stopped draining a while back. I took it apart and made my way to the pump. The impeller was jammed with an underwire from one of my wife's bras :lmao I pulled it out, reassembled, and everything has been fine since. I looked it up online later and apparently it's a very common issue. I can't help you with the spin cycle problem. On mine it did have difficulty spinning because it was still full of water. Fix the pump issue and you may fix the spinning issue as well.

Thumper
04-18-2013, 11:16 AM
Yep, they ain't gonna spin if they don't drain. Your post reminded me of the time I fixed a friend's washer. She was a single mom with 3 kids and very little $$$. (friend of the family) I pulled out one of those little sock type thingies ... like made from pantyhose material ... footsies or whatever they're called. Same deal, it got sucked into the pump and was wrapped all around the impeller.