PDA

View Full Version : Interesting warning

Buckrub
04-17-2013, 03:22 PM
http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/a-warning-to-all-gun-bloggers-and-forums-boston-marathon-explosions/

Not sure what I think about it.......but it's interesting.......I'm sure it's happening, don't know to what degree. Or what it means if it is, other than we have a big divide in this country! (duh)

Penguin
04-17-2013, 03:41 PM
Yeah, I saw that warning post on another forum where that idiotic conspiracy theory post had already been made... and stayed around long enough to get more than a couple idiots that were all onboard with the government being involved in it.

You want to know the truth? It is pretty easy to get on most gun/hunting sites (this one being an exception) and find all the idiotic conspiracy theory buy-ins you could possibly want. It is pretty easy to get gun owners to look stupid and out of touch and kooky because you have so damned many of these guys hanging around. They are stupid and out of touch and kooky so it takes little in the way of effort to get them to stand up for a picture so to speak.

We don't police our ranks very well and it shows.

Will

Buckrub
04-17-2013, 03:55 PM
Yeah. I'm the nutbag on this site. But on others, I spend a ton of time telling the Tin Foil Hat Guys to ratchet it down and get real. The dadgum truth is bad enough!!! Not that I'm opposed to bringing up stuff that MIGHT be true just to discuss it.....but not to be completely paranoid. Again, reality is pretty bad lately, on its own.

Penguin
04-17-2013, 04:19 PM
...but not to be completely paranoid. Again, reality is pretty bad lately, on its own.

Ain't that the damned truth.

You want to know the funniest part? To me (and I can only speak for myself here) shooting and hunting are some of the most relaxing and enjoyable times I have ever spent. I mean me and my buddies have had, and continue to have, some of the most fun times a man could imagine in the woods and on the range.

But when I get on the internet and visit sites devoted to hunting and shooting all too often I see more anger and spite and hate and fear and paranoia and etc, etc, etc than you could shake a stick at. I gotta wonder what someone new to hunting and shooting and fishing would think. This is supposed to be fun right?

I know I have cut my computer time to a tenth of what it used to be because of it... OTOH maybe it is just me and my viewpoint is skewed.

Will

Buckrub
04-17-2013, 04:23 PM
You've always been the intelligent one amongst us, Chilly Willy.

Penguin
04-17-2013, 04:27 PM
Now that's a damned crying shame if ever there was one. :)

Will

Buckrub
04-17-2013, 04:35 PM
Hmmm.

Thinking on that, I think you may be right. When the smart guy says he isn't the smart guy, and he's RIGHT, what does that make him?

Makes my head spin.