PDA

View Full Version : A Little bit of good family news

Buckrub
04-17-2013, 05:03 PM
Among a tempest or two that is boiling over.............

Oldest daughter in SC got a new job, in her 'hometown' (although out there the towns seem to have one name on one side of street sign, and the other name on the other side, and they just merge over and over.......). It's one she applied for last year but didn't get. It is slightly more money, 1/2 the distance from her house, better long term money, and actually has a 'sane' principal (boss)! :)

In CO, my SIL got offered an elementary teaching job starting in August. He has gone back to school to get his teacher's license and training (already well educated above bachelors, but had to get this training, took 2 1/2 years), and finishes in May. He had 3 interviews next week, one with the school he really wanted. All 3 called and offered him a job! One had 190 applicants. They have been living on free lunches, our help, a LOT of loans, and just sheer 'want to' for several years since he's been unemployed. My daughter's dress business sort of folded along in there, also, although she still does a little here and there. They say that a year of paying off loans, and they'll be in great shape.

SO, two out of three have good news and things looking up. The big worries haven't left, but two of the smaller ones just got a whole lot better. I'm proud of both of them..........

Oh, and mother is healing nicely and is trying to drive her 'new' car. She can't reach the pedals!!! Ha. I ordered her a set of brake and gas pedal extensions, should be here in a week or so. Hopefully that'll help. The car is really nice. I'd not hesitate to drive it cross country. Looks good, drives good. Had to get new tires for her, but it's now a great car, and at a great price.

LJ3
04-17-2013, 05:20 PM
Well good on your and yours Bucky... it's good things are taking a more positive turn!

LW
04-17-2013, 05:22 PM
Im glad that things are looking up.

Captain
04-17-2013, 05:42 PM
Congrats to all around.

Maybe a little less stress will make you a little more "sane"....
Nah never mind :D
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Buckrub
04-17-2013, 06:36 PM
How would you measure a "little bit"? I need a LOT more than that to be among the sane, dude!

But it's good stuff. Middle daughter turns 40 tomorrow, too, the one in CO. Just talked to her. Doesn't seem possible.

Bwana
04-18-2013, 10:05 AM
Good news like that is always welcome, thanks for sharing.

BarryBobPosthole
04-18-2013, 10:08 AM
Kids, regardless of their age, can make you pull your hair out or pop the buttons on your shirt. Glad to hear yours is causing the latter!
BKB

jb
04-18-2013, 10:58 AM
Glad to hear the news, things have a habit of working themselves out over time. Glad you're still around to see all this happening.

Thumper
04-18-2013, 11:30 AM
I ordered her a set of brake and gas pedal extensions, should be here in a week or so.

HA! Come on dufe! Cut a couple blocks from a 2X4 and strap 'em on the pedals with big hose clamps! ;)

Glad to hear things are turning around for you.

FooBang
04-18-2013, 03:13 PM
Good news is always welcome!

--Foo

jb
04-18-2013, 04:04 PM
FooBang, where are you posting from, I follow you on FB and you seem to be all over the world. Were today?