PDA

View Full Version : Pretty cool

BarryBobPosthole
04-17-2013, 10:14 PM
Oklahoma just passed a law to allow disabled vets and citizens to use laser sights while hunting. Now I've never used or even seen laser sights close up so I don't know how much it'll help but I thought it was kind of cool. As long as I don't see any red dots on my body at any time, anyway.
BKB

BarryBobPosthole
04-17-2013, 10:18 PM
And in other news that proves we're a cultured folk here in Oklahoma, this is down close to my old stomping grounds...

https://oklahomawelcome.com/news/regional/whatzup/95944-get-ready-for-big-foot-festival.html

THE HONOBIA BIG FOOT FESTIVAL AND CONFERENCE SCHEDULED FOR APRIL 19, 20, 2013 WILL BE ADDING SEVERAL MORE BIG FOOT ORIENTED EVENTS THEN IN TIMES PAST.
Logan Williams getting ready to pour a cast of a Foot Print created for exhibition (not to be confused with a real Sasquatch track).

Logan will be doing a seminar on casting a foot print at this week ends festival and conference. There will also be Big Foot Calling, Big Foot Scramble, Limb Chunkin' and Tire Throwin' contest, along with the presenters and Mountain Music Manifest.

The event will be held at the old Ludlow Rock School House on Highway 144 between Honobia and Octavia, Ok. Friday & Saturday, April 19, 20, 2013.

There will be a gate fee of $5.00 each day. Anyone 12 years and under will be admitted free.

This admission will cover the conference attendance, music shows, and all contests.

This admission ticket will also give you a chance to win one of the 10 door prizes drawn for that day.

There will be Food and Arts & Crafts vendors, along with our newest addition the "Big Foot Coffee Shelter" which will be open both days.

The favorite, Big Foot Story Telling around the camp fire will be on Friday Night.

For more information contact Wind Walker Sound at 580-244-3013, or go to www.HonobiaBigFootPRINT.com

BarryBobPosthole
04-18-2013, 09:04 AM
Over the years, I've hunted with a couple of people who used their rifle scopes like binoculars. I mean they'd put the damned crosshairs on you just to see who you were. Had a total stranger do that with a crossbow to me on a draw-in archery hunt once. It will give you a sure fire piss willy when it happens. I HATE it. Some assholes will red dot people because they'll think its funny, mark my words.

BKB

Buckrub
04-18-2013, 10:24 AM
If I forget my binoculars, I use my scope all the time to "just look".

And I have an old Red Dot Bushnell on one of my first Muzzeloaders........when they came out with them, they wouldn't allow magnification on ML scopes, but they'd allow the Red Dots. I still like 'em for close range.

BarryBobPosthole
04-18-2013, 10:38 AM
This ain't red dot. this is laser sites.

BKB

Buckrub
04-18-2013, 10:41 AM
Disadvantages of Lasers:
VERY limited range, cheap lasers can only be seen at 30 feet in daylight, high cost for quality lasers, high battery consumption for powerful lasers, illegal to hunt with in many states for various prey, if mounted on top rail, makes it almost impossible to shoot skeet with a shotgun (size dependent), no option to add magnifiers to extend range (light diffusion limited on distance)

SO, why would anyone WANT to hunt with one????