PDA

View Full Version : Pay Back Time

Chicken Dinner
04-22-2013, 03:15 PM
Nats v. Cards for three games starting tonight. The Nats really haven't found their rhythm yet this year. So, it could be interesting.

LW
04-22-2013, 04:34 PM
I propose a trade. The Nats get mitchell boggs and the cardinals get bryce harpers eye black artist.

BarryBobPosthole
04-22-2013, 04:38 PM
I was gonna say, you're gonna love our pen. If baseball was seven innings we'd be undefeated.
BKB

Trav
04-22-2013, 05:04 PM
I was gonna say, you're gonna love our pen. If baseball was seven innings we'd be undefeated.
BKB If baseball were 7 innings or even 5 we all win cause that is some boring shit.

Buckrub
04-22-2013, 05:59 PM
Trav is boring. I know, I've met him. Pooh on him. Pooh on all the haters. Nascar driving in circles all day is boring. Rap music is boring. Turkey hunting is boring. And today crappie fishing was boring. And I'm bored to death.

I propose another trade. We trade mitchell boggs for one of the Nats cool hats. I collect hats. I have a Boston one I'm going to start wearing just cause.

LW
04-22-2013, 07:30 PM
I cant make myself wear a redsox hat. Just cant. Apparently you cant pay anybody to go to a Nats game either. Lower tier looks empty. You wont see that in st. Louis.

Buckrub
04-22-2013, 07:57 PM
Whazzup with that? Wow. No one there! What does it take?

Tightline
04-22-2013, 08:42 PM
What would be nice is a family of 4 being able to afford a couple of games a year without floating a damned loan. I'd like to park my car without being ripped off even further. It would be nice to see players salaries come down to the stratosphere. I can't fathom the numbers these guys make. I think baseball deserves "a fan strike"but no. We're proud fans.

LJ3
04-22-2013, 08:53 PM
I think if it was easier to get to, more people would go. Most of their support is from Northern Virginia. It's a pain in the ass for me to get down there for a game. The traffic sucks ass. It's nearly impossible to get there for the start of the game.

BarryBobPosthole
04-22-2013, 09:12 PM
Part of it has to just be tradition. The cities with the best attendance havethe best tradition of winning. I'm sure after a few more successful seasons there'll be a fan base of good baseball fans who'll think its an awesome way to spend a Monday night. The Rangers were pulling maybe 5000 a game on weeknights when I lived in Texas. I've sat right behind home plate at so many Ranger weeknight games I couldn't count 'em. It'll happen. With winning and time.

BKB

Buckrub
04-22-2013, 09:59 PM
Well, time maybe.........cause tonight, they didn't have no WINNIN!!! :bj

Chicken Dinner
04-23-2013, 08:46 AM
This isn't St. Louis. There's actually other stuff to do on a 40f night in April.

LW
04-23-2013, 09:28 AM
Yeah, like set around and figure out what to do in october.

BarryBobPosthole
04-23-2013, 09:30 AM
BAM!

BKB

Buckrub
04-23-2013, 09:36 AM
WHAMMO

Good luck tonight. Maybe Wed you can salvage one.

Chicken Dinner
04-23-2013, 09:49 AM
Ouch, that's what I deserve for being a smartass. On a serious note, we lost 2-3 or generations of baseball fans during the time we had no team. According to ESPN, average attendence last year was just over 30k per game. Not bad for a city that went 30 years with no team.

BarryBobPosthole
04-23-2013, 09:52 AM
Sure as hell beats Miami! I watched a game last year on TV at Miami and there were so few fans that you could hear the ball whizzing through the air as it came to the plate. I sure as heck don't understand Miami ownership. With the Cuban folks that live there, they have a built in fanatical fan base if they'd just put together a decent team with a real manager some day.
BKB

Buckrub
04-23-2013, 09:58 AM
Well that day ain't gonna be this year, either.
Hey, we need SOME team to be a patsy so we can get our shaky pitching right!

BarryBobPosthole
04-23-2013, 10:01 AM
When your buddy moved the Lastros to the american league it pretty much guaranteed that the wild card won't come out of the NL Central. The Cards better find an answer and they'd better find it fast. The pen came within a pitch of blowing that save opportunity last night.

BKB

Buckrub
04-23-2013, 10:15 AM
Pen is not good enough without Motte to be Top Dog this year. They may surprise, but there are 4 teams that will just be close all year in Central. East and West will produce the Top Dogs this year. But of course, you never know come September. We own September, even with ball girls playing somewhere.

I suspect Motte will be wasted. I predict he'll be 'cleared' to pitch, and it won't be 2 weeks and he'll be gone for TJ surgery. If he'd had it in Spring Training, he'd be ready for 2014. Now it might be 2015 before he's back. Mujica will have to do before then. Rosenthal is being worn out. Boggs is worthless this year, unless he figures it out soon. Salas, Scrabble, and Choate are just taking up roster spots because there are not enough ML pitchers in North America to fill every team's roster. Kelly needs work, he's a keeper.

Go Google up the Cardinals roster for the last 5 years. Look at only the pitching staff roster. Go year by year. It's amazing how short most of these guys' careers are.

Buckrub
04-23-2013, 10:46 AM
HEY, CD.........look at the bright side. At least you have a Buck Commander on your team!

BarryBobPosthole
04-23-2013, 10:49 AM
I've heard it talked about on TV more than I ever wanted to. first the starters were pitching too many complete games and the pen needed work, now the pen is overworked. Makes me wanna scream. What the pen needs is some cojones. they trot out there and expect major league batters to be impressed by velocity. Here's a hint: If you groove a 100 mph fastball, that just means the ball will hit the third tier of seats, whereas a grooved 90 mph fastball will only hit the second.

I miss Dave Duncan.

BKB

Buckrub
04-23-2013, 10:56 AM
Why, he was not a very good pitcher...................

LW
04-23-2013, 10:59 AM
I miss the bullpen of '06.

Chicken Dinner
04-23-2013, 11:25 AM
I mist the bullpen of '12. (Excepting game 5 of the Cards series, of course) Oh wait, you're talking about St. Louis.

Chicken Dinner
04-23-2013, 08:29 PM
Nats are flashing some leather tonight.

BarryBobPosthole
04-23-2013, 08:39 PM
That's a nifty little second baseman, that's for sure.
BKB

LJ3
04-23-2013, 08:45 PM
WTF is WRONG with you people? FC Barcelona and Bayern are playing and you're watching stupid baseball? :)

BarryBobPosthole
04-23-2013, 09:51 PM
Man, when these teams get together its good baseball. Good start and great pen.
BKB

Buckrub
04-23-2013, 10:02 PM
Sorry, Charlie. You too Hank. You can pay us back some other time. Right now, we be's still collecting interest!

I still like your team. I want a hat. I love Harper. You guys need to pay him whatever he wants, whenever he wants it. He is a Pujols type player, once in a generation.

Chicken Dinner
04-24-2013, 08:22 AM
Harper is definitely the real deal. 30/30 with over a 100 RBI's is a definitely possibility for this kid. That's Mel Ott at 20 territory.

The starting pitching is starting to come around, the bullpen still isn't sure what their roles are and right now the batting order is a mess due to a couple of minor injuries. I'm thinking it's just typical early season working out the kinks sort of thing. Keep an eye on this kid at 3rd Rendon though. (He was called up from AA when Zimmerman tweaked his hammie.) He hasn't shown much yet, but they're saying he'll push Zimmerman to 1st in a year or two when he's finally up for good.

BarryBobPosthole
04-24-2013, 04:05 PM
Turn out the lights, the party's over.....

I miss Dandy Don.

BKB

Buckrub
04-24-2013, 04:07 PM
Hey, CD. Y'all gonna shut Strasburg down again?

OK, sorry, couldn't resist. That was mean. I'm sorry, and bless the pygmies in New Guinea.

Chicken Dinner
04-24-2013, 04:14 PM
One more crack like that and you can forget your hat! Oh well, bring on the Reds...

Buckrub
04-24-2013, 04:22 PM
'CHOOT 'EM! 'CHOOT 'EM!