PDA

View Full Version : Lady Luck visited me again this weekend.

jb
04-23-2013, 12:57 PM
Local gun show had this as the door raffle. $15 dollars for 5 tickets. Looks like it could be fun shooting from a bench or blind, not much for carry.
It's called a Ruger Charger, just a short barrel 10/22 in a pistol stock, but hey, it's still a gun.

Thumper
04-23-2013, 01:02 PM
I don't even want to talk to you. Have you ever considered moving to Vegas and becoming an overnight bazillionaire?

BarryBobPosthole
04-23-2013, 01:03 PM
Okay, so being a redneck country boy the first thing I thought of when I saw that was , "Man, that'd sure be fun down at the pond shooting turtles'.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
04-23-2013, 01:05 PM
No wonder I never win anything!

HideHunter
04-23-2013, 01:58 PM
That is cute JB.. congrats.

Okay, so being a redneck country boy the first thing I thought of when I saw that was , "Man, that'd sure be fun down at the pond shooting turtles'.

BKB

lol.. I'm right there with you Barry. This is probably one of those things I shouldn't mention, but every year I have a friend who's garden gets overrun with rabbits. Some years, it gets so bad they will come up on her front porch and eat the flowers out of her pots. So - we have an annual (sometimes two) "Wine Tasting and Bunny Shoot". Each couple brings a bottle of wine and we thin the rabbit population from the patio. it sounds worse than it is and it never gets out of hand. The women shoot too and the only ones who don't have fun are the rabbits. Shots usually range from 20 to 100 yards. Record is 14 in one setting. I clean them and we have a feed.

Anyway - I said all that to say all this.. Charger looks like it would be a fun addition. ;)

Big Skyz
04-23-2013, 02:44 PM
JB, you win more guns than anyone I know. Now if you can just find some ammo for that thing ya might have some fun.

Captain
04-23-2013, 04:25 PM
You are one LUCKY dufe!

Congrats on a great prize
Surely I got something around here to trade you for it....
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

LJ3
04-23-2013, 04:34 PM
JB you are the luckiest dude I know... hands down. That's cool shooting iron!

Buckrub
04-23-2013, 06:19 PM
You are the SECOND luckiest man I know. My fishing buddy is even luckier. He wins at every raffle, banquet, whatever. But he wins ONLY what he already wanted. In fact, if he says in December "Man, I hope the NRA banquet has a .293 Caliber Pink Left Handed Sub Machine Gun", they will not only decide to have that but he WILL win it.

I have gone to Buckmasters and DU and NRA for many years. Many, many years. Many hundred dollar tickets. Just decided to buy one today for FRNA banquet May 11. Once I 'won' a sausage. That's it.

BarryBobPosthole
04-23-2013, 06:20 PM
Is that Deranged Unlimited?
BKB

Buckrub
04-23-2013, 06:29 PM
Yes.