PDA

View Full Version : Miranda rights....

Big Muddy
04-24-2013, 08:28 AM
Why the h3ll would the leo's even risk not reading miranda to the little bomber bastage???

Sure, they can declare him a threat to nat'l security, but why even take the chance of not giving him miranda???

Now, the day'um ACLU has jumped on that like stink on dog sheeit.

Some liberal-azz judge, looking to make a name for himself, could make prosecution difficult, and tie things up in court.

Just saying....

BarryBobPosthole
04-24-2013, 08:56 AM
I think they played this one pretty close to the vest, Eddie. I'm not sure that they broke any rules, regardless what the ACLU thinks. I guess we'll have to wait an see.
BKB

LW
04-24-2013, 09:04 AM
If he was unconscious, you cant inform him. Took days before he could communicate by writing.

BarryBobPosthole
04-24-2013, 09:07 AM
Of course, he prolly got the idea that they wanted him for something when those bullets were zinging past him and those flash grenades were going off.
BKB

Big Muddy
04-24-2013, 09:26 AM
I just hate to see the ACLU get involved, and start pissing and moaning about the rights of some little piece-of-sheeit. :(

DeputyDog
04-24-2013, 10:28 AM
You don't have to give anyone their Miranda warning unless they are "in custody" and being "questioned". At this point, given his medical condition, I doubt that much questioning has happened yet.

Even if he has answered questions regarding the case without being given Miranda, it won't ruin the case, just any information given without Miranda can't be used in court against him. That doesn't mean that they can't use info given by him to go after other people that may be involved.

Of course there may be other options regardiing Miranda since they may make this some national security thing, then I don't know what the rules are.

A couple of examples of needing to be both in custody and being questioned:

If I'm taking a suspected drunk driver in for a breath test, and he tells me how much he's drank and where at, and that he's really drunk, I can use that since I didn't question him, he offered the info on his own.

I suspect you in a crime and are talking to you on the telephone. I ask you specific questions about the crime and you answer them incriminating yourself, I can use that info as well since you are not in custody, even though I didn't advise you of Miranda.