PDA

View Full Version : sometimes ya gotta laugh

hotshot
04-24-2013, 10:36 AM
Gullibble High sschool girl... Before a tennis match last week- waiting on the other team to show, one of my girls asked out of the blue if "they" made rackets just for lefties. (I am honored to be of such status). I told her "No", but that she should hold her racket with the pink side up since she is right handed. The Black side up is for lefties......
I stood back and watched for a minute.... she was so focused on having the "right" side up when hitting.... I could not stop chuckling nor could a few of the older girls.
After a few minutes, the gullible one noticed us and doubled checked with me on if I was telling the truth.

jb
04-24-2013, 12:47 PM
Common joke back in my drafting class was if the kid drew the project to the wrong scale I'd tell them it was OK, just go get the paper stretcher. You'd be surprised at the number who asked where it was. :)

BarryBobPosthole
04-24-2013, 12:50 PM
An old Air Force prank was to send a new troop over to the flight line for a five gallon bucket of prop wash so we could wash down the trucks.

BKB

Thumper
04-24-2013, 04:40 PM
I used to use some of my car jockeys (lot attendents) as mechanics helpers at times. If they showed a lot of interest and aptitude, they'd many times get promoted to simple duties such as the lube rack performing oil changes and such. I'd have him train with one of my seasoned mechanics and there were quite a few "initiations". One was, the Master Mechanic would be working under the car, then hand the repair order to his trainee and send him to the parts department to get a new muffler bearing. The parts dept. was always in on the scam and would send him back across the shop to ask if his trainer needed a "left-handed" muffler bearing or a "right-handed" one. Then, back to the parts department he'd go. Other times he may be sent to the parts dept. to pick up a new battery ... 'course they'd send him back to ask if the mechanic needed an A/C or D/C battery. From time to time, the mechanic would be working under the hood and send the guy to the tool box to fetch a set of "adjustable needle-nosed pliers" or sometimes a "hose stretcher" or a "left-handed monkey wrench" or the "metric cresent wrench" and prolly a few bazillion others I've forgotten. ;)