PDA

View Full Version : It happened to me.....

Captain
04-25-2013, 07:48 PM
I seed it with my own two eyes...

Decided to give the Turkeys a little break this afternoon and fished a while.
Caught a little bream and was bringing it in and a wake from hell charged it and took the bream! I was fishing 4 pound line and he was tearing the water up. He actually came out of the water and the bream flipped out of his mouth. At which point I thought I had lost him cause the hook was in the bream.... Somehow the bream came out of the bass mouth and the hook rehooked the bass!
True story....
Anyway I tried to take a Len picture but my arm was not long enough to make it happen.
That was a cool deal
Take care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Arty
04-25-2013, 08:20 PM
I'll be there this weekend wit the boys. Fishin and shootin squirrels from them feeders.

Good gawd your ugly.

jb
04-25-2013, 08:56 PM
That's a nice bass for the pond, I'm sure he has plenty to eat in there.
Sure looks nice an warm down there, two days ago we awoke to another inch of snow.

BarryBobPosthole
04-25-2013, 09:04 PM
Looks to have a bit of a bloody tail. Wonder if its a spawned out female? You guys arecabout two weeks ahead of us.
BKB

Thumper
04-25-2013, 10:28 PM
Who you lookin' at? ;)

BarryBobPosthole
04-25-2013, 10:41 PM
And bein' a noticer but a nice fish puts a bigger smile on his face.
BKB

Thumper
04-25-2013, 10:46 PM
That's a smile? I thought he had gas and was trying to rip one.

Captain
04-26-2013, 06:51 AM
Bite me Kribbs...

JB I cannot imagine having snow during turkey season.... Or deer season for that matter!
Man if I was y'all I'd move! :D
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Buckrub
04-26-2013, 09:28 AM
He lives for July and August. Small window for pleasure, but it's sure nice then.

As for the fishing..........one day on the Ark River about 100 years ago, me and my fishing buddy were bass fishing an old oxbow. Throwing plastic worms to the bank. He hooked one and fought for a second and then it got off. OK, no biggie. Few minutes later, he hooked another and fought it up to the boat and you could see the first plastic worm and hook in its mouth. WOW. Reached to net it and it got off AGAIN.

Amazing, and we talked and laughed about it for a while. Later we were hearing some splashing and a fish was out from shore a ways flopping in the water. We went over there, and it was the bass, with BOTH worms in its mouth. We scooped it up. Clearly a fish with a death wish, so we ate it.

LJ3
04-26-2013, 11:58 AM
Pretty cool!

And bite me! That fish was damn near on my jacket... too big to get the whole thing in the frame!

quercus alba
04-26-2013, 01:34 PM
Speaking of fishing, there needs to be some kind of warning before opening the fishing forum. Lots of fuglyness taking place over there. like to have scorched my eyeballs. wish I had a class 2 deneuralyzer

Thumper
04-26-2013, 01:38 PM
Heck, I'm the dang pUMphEaD SysOP around this joint and I haven't peeked in there since we got this thing up and running. Way, WAAAAY too much fugliness over there!

BarryBobPosthole
04-26-2013, 01:41 PM
QA, I know I set the bar pretty high over in Fishing last month. But, like Martin Luther King Day, we'll be looking at Len all month this month and next.
BKB

LJ3
04-26-2013, 03:18 PM
Wait till I drop a 25" smallie in dis bitch, nizzle! IO'll have June sewed up too!

BarryBobPosthole
04-26-2013, 03:20 PM
We didn't get a picture of either one of the fish Bucky has caught this year.

BKB

Buckrub
04-26-2013, 06:52 PM
Used my camera phone. It doesn't have telescopic zoom past 4X.

Sunshine
04-26-2013, 10:38 PM
Bucky was your fish so little, you need a zoom bigger then that to see it? :D