Mr Stoic.

Must have been a sonic boom.

BKB

Buckrub
04-26-2013, 09:24 AM
How'd you train him to roost like that?

Big Skyz
04-26-2013, 09:27 AM
I think y'all are pulling the same turkey out of the freezer every other day and taking a photo, that or the Carolina's have to be about out of turkeys.

Bwana
04-26-2013, 12:04 PM
You are killing me Cappy.

I REALLY need to get out there and do what it takes to get one to cooperate for my daughter. Wonder what would happen if I took her out of school today????

Captain
04-26-2013, 05:52 PM
You better hurry, SC season closes at the end of this month... I'm ready. My shoulder is getting sore ;)
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Big Muddy
04-26-2013, 08:00 PM
Be careful out there, Cap, if you have rattlers up your way....I've heard of several turkey hunters, getting some real nasty bites, by some really big rattlers, this spring....one guy was hit by a big rattler, that left fang marks two inches apart....that's a big rattler!!!....he's prolly gonna lose most of the calf of his left leg.

Buckrub
04-26-2013, 08:03 PM
Cappy will pick them up bare handed and kiss them.

I'm serious.

Captain
04-26-2013, 09:52 PM
Thanks Eddie, we have both Rattlers and Copperheads here. Usually ill catch a couple during Turkey season. But this year has been cold and I've yet to see either. I'll keep my eyes pealed however. As much walking and sitting against trees/rocks while Turkey hunting it is easy to get tangled up with one.
I have caught some big rattlers around here, up to 6 foot and last year I caught a copperhead that was over 4 foot long! That is LARGE for a copperhead. But I don't think I've ever seen either that would leave fang marks 2 inches apart. That would sure enough be a strong hit.
I got hit once by a rattler while bow hunting. He was about 4.5 foot long and it was a hard hit and he broke one fang in my Wellington boot.
Take care, Captain

BarryBobPosthole
04-26-2013, 10:21 PM
Maybe it was one ofthose dreaded harelip copperheaded rattlemoccasins.
BKB

DeputyDog
04-27-2013, 08:23 AM
Is there a limit on turkeys down there? We can only take one in the spring and one in the fall.

Captain
04-27-2013, 08:28 AM
5 in SC and 2 in NC