PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone?

BarryBobPosthole
04-26-2013, 10:28 AM
.....ever visited a presidential library? I was watching the coverage of the five current and ex-presidents getting together for the dedication of W's library and it got me to wondering what they really are, a museum or a genuine public library? I think I'd kinda like to visit one.

And on another note, it was good to see Bush 41 up there looking good with his pink socks. I don't think he gets near enough credit for his presidency, but it was a good one. He fixed a lot fo things Reagan screwed up (yeah, the GC made some mistakes) and he both benefited and suffered consequences of many of those decisions. But the stuff that was his own, he did the right way. He got us into and out of Iraq in that first war with mission accomplished and with no long term nation building bullshit.
anyway, not to be political about it, but he's a genuine war hero and a fisherman and he's left handed. What's not to like about him?

BKB

Buckrub
04-26-2013, 10:38 AM
They're all left handed.

Clinton's is a double wide trailer hanging over the Arkansas River. There is a tiny alcove, hard to find, that has the only mention of being impeached, Lewinsky, or any of that history. He hasn't shut up since he left. I wouldn't go into the parking lot of the thing. It's a true eyesore, and a laughingstock around here. W's, I'd go see. Also, he hasn't said one political word since he left office, and no prior president EVER had more motive to do so.

I saw were Mama said "No more Bushes for President", though.

BarryBobPosthole
04-26-2013, 10:44 AM
I read her book a long time ago. She's a very smart lady. They need to listen to her. I have a feeling ol Dad picked the best apple off the tree when he married that one. That's trait of the Bush's I think. We haven't heard from 41 much either. I know you don't like Carter but he's lived a complete life of public service. Whether you agree with him or not, you can't deny that his heart is right and he loves and serves his country. Probably the most naive and the most pure heart on that podium. I have read some of his books and they're mesmerizing. He's an artist in that respect.

Say what you will about old Bill, but he's got his hand in the game just as much as he wants to. He obviously lives off the adulation and he still gets it. He fixed a lot of shit too, but you righties will never give him credit for it. Obama was the only, what I'd call real failure up there. He hasn't fixed doodly squat. I don't think he's made stuff nearly as worse as folks say he has, but that isn't what he's there for. He's the same ilk as those that reside in both chambers of the legislature.

BKB

Buckrub
04-26-2013, 11:01 AM
:beer

DeputyDog
04-26-2013, 11:23 AM
I think they are a combination of a museum and library, in that that offer access to private papers and other items from the Presidency. Not sure if access is limited to the scholarly types or to the public though.

As for Obama, the true results of what he's screwed up haven't been seen yet, I fear that his screw-ups will have long term consequences and won't be seen until he's out of office.

BarryBobPosthole
04-26-2013, 04:05 PM

Captain
04-26-2013, 05:50 PM
Damn shit disturber... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Buckrub
04-26-2013, 06:48 PM
From the cartoon, looks like the WMD's worked.

By the way, why do you blame him for that and not Colin Powell, Senator Clinton, and the entire US Congress? They voted for the action. They appropriated funds for it. Over and over and over. Including Obama.

Sheesh. Revisionist Historists.

BarryBobPosthole
04-26-2013, 07:11 PM
Lighten up, Frances. It's humor.

BKB

Buckrub
04-26-2013, 07:52 PM
Yeah, that hit me after I posted, Harold. Sometimes my fingers are dumber than my brain..........if possible.

BarryBobPosthole
04-26-2013, 07:59 PM
:lmao