PDA

View Full Version : He stopped loving her today...........

Buckrub
04-26-2013, 11:02 AM
http://entertainment.msn.com/news/article.aspx?news=804635

BarryBobPosthole
04-26-2013, 11:03 AM
I saw that. Sad news. I like to listen to the old possum once in a while.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
04-26-2013, 11:06 AM
How'd he get to 81 with his own liver is what I want to know.

BKB

Captain
04-26-2013, 11:12 AM
Saw that too, hard to think about the old Possum' being gone
Wille turns 81 later this month...
Wow don't seem possible.
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BarryBobPosthole
04-26-2013, 11:15 AM
Do ya think Wilie will twist one up for his birthday?

BKB

Captain
04-26-2013, 11:22 AM
Do ya think Wilie will twist one up for his birthday?

BKB

No doubt!

He's having a big party and raisin' money for the Fire Departments where so many were killed the other week.
Bet there will be a Dobbie or two at that concert.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Bwana
04-26-2013, 12:14 PM
That ol' boy could sure carry a tune in his own unique way.

HideHunter
04-26-2013, 12:54 PM
Love those old artists. Which brings up a question.. not a *complete* hi-jack but Allison would have to ponder over it. ;) You "southern" boys.. does anyone frequent Cracker Barrel? We ate breakfast there a couple times on our last excursion. I noticed they had tons of country CDs for sale and it later occured to me - I wish I'd ask if they had a mixed tape of the background music they play in the restaurant for sale. Talk about solid country gold. I swear there wasn't any deadwood in the whole bunch. I s'pose they have a website.. Maybe I'll get ambitious and look it up and ask.

BarryBobPosthole
04-26-2013, 01:06 PM
I like going to breakfast there. Make me feel like a youngster.

BKB

Thumper
04-26-2013, 01:31 PM
We have one about 2 miles from the house and eat there occassionally. It's mostly for travelers as it seems all their locations are just off the Interstate. Their lot is ALWAYS packed! I've been to a ton of them while traveling myownfineself and have noticed one thing they all (or at least 99.999% of them) have in common. Their real estate department must research properties that are just off the Interstate ... but there's no way to get to them! I swear, just about every one I've been to, you get off the exit and you can SEE the Cracker Barrel ... but you have to go through a maze of back streets and alley ways to get to the dang thing! Am I the only noticer who's noticed this?

I like their portion sizes and usually go for the chicken fried steak with fried okra, smashed 'taters/MILK gravy (NOT YANKEE BROWN GRAVY!!) and buttered cornbread! ;)

Thumper
04-26-2013, 01:46 PM
Back to George Jones. I've been avoiding this 'cause I'll catch hell I'm sure ... but he and Tammy Why-Not used to live here (just down the street from my mom). When I had my business, I worked at his house for almost a solid week. Actually, their house is on the south side of town and Tammy had a second house closer to mid-town (it's only 15 miles from the south to the north city limit, where I live). Her "second" house is a little "doll house" looking thing, pink and white with "frilly looking" trim. (hard to explain) She bought the second house as an escape to run to when George was on one of his drunken rampages. I haven't researched it, but I seriously doubt any of that is officially on the net, but their fights were pretty well known (and regular) around here. His liver must have been made of cast iron!

Thumper
04-26-2013, 01:53 PM
Well dang! I just decided to Google it for shits & grins ... looks like the ol' homestead is up for sale. (some nice pics here)

http://www.twostoryhouse.net/

Buckrub
04-26-2013, 06:57 PM
Don't eat at Cracker Barrel. They don't have waffles (wife's favorite) and their breakfast sausage tastes like........um.......wet wood, sorta.

And somehow I knew Kribbs or someone would know him.

Reminds ME of a story! In High School we had an old scrawny teacher that taught physics, chemistry, and calculus. He told more whoppers in class, to beat the band. One day me and Bobby R*** (names withheld) made up an entire story of a guy in Texas, owned a big farm, named This or That, had twins, and on and on. We brought it up one day during a lull, and he bit. He went on and on about how YES he knew them, and used to hang out with them, and on and on. We had to bite our tongues. When the bell rang, it was all we could do to make it to the hall before busting out.

Not that Jim does that.........just that it reminded me of that story.

Thumper
04-27-2013, 12:00 AM
Ha ha! I should clarify the story a bit so it won't sound like quite as big a whopper. The old homestead is still known as "George and Tammy's house" to us locals, although when I worked on it, they had already moved out. I worked for the new owner. I assume he's the one selling it now unless it's changed hands again since I was there last. This is a pretty small town, so I drive by both houses all the time. Tammy's "getaway" house is on a street that I use as a short-cut just about everytime I go to the south side of town. It hasn't changed a bit and still looks like some little girl's giant dollhouse. I have no idea who owns it nowadays. I've never met George or Tammy personally.

Buckrub
04-27-2013, 10:30 AM
But you woulda hit it, right?

LJ3
04-27-2013, 11:04 AM
He prolly DID hit it, which explains his aversion to hair spray :)