PDA

View Full Version : Mower Woes, and Wonder Wife....

Niner
04-27-2013, 09:39 PM
We had to work on our mower today. The grasss kindof got out of control whilst we was out of town, and Di started on it yesterday.

Just as she was getting started good, the dang thing just stopped running. No frontwards, no backwards, but the blades would engage and disengage (meaning the electric PTO on the unit was working ok). This unit is one of those Cub Zero Turn numbers we've had for several years now. I figgered what the problem prollly was, but I wasn't sure. The dang thing crapped out down by the street (about 100 yards from the house), so I told Di how to disengage the transmissions and she towed it back to the house with the buggy, and pushed it into the basement.

I got on the Net this morning and did some lookin' around, and found what the problem was.....AND a free factory Service Manual PDF. I figgered the drive belt had come unwound from the transmissions. I had Di look under the mower, and sure enough....the belt was not on the motor pulley. Since I had drawings and pictures of what needed to be done, I told her what to do and got the proper tools out for the job. She put some cardboard down on the floor and laid down under the back of the unit where she could get to the problem area. She had the belt back on and ready to run in about 15 mins!

She got the rest of the grass cut with nary another hickup from the machine.

I am thinking that the belt may have jumppd off because it's getting a little age on it and is stretching some. I'll have to pick up a new drive belt soon and get her to put it on. It will be A WHILE before I am in any kind of shape to do that.

Now....Honest Injun....how many of y'alls wife's would not only cut the grass, but FIX the dang mower when it crapped out?
She's a keeper.....that's for damned sure!!! We'll be celebrating 29 years next month, and it don't seem like HALF that.

Captain
04-27-2013, 10:03 PM
Very cool! Sounds like a real keeper you got there, but I think you know that already...
My wife don't even know we have a yard, or a mower for that matter. :D
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Buckrub
04-27-2013, 10:19 PM
My wife has the number of the Yard N******.

Yours is more resourceful. Mine is cuter. I'm just sure.

Big Muddy
04-27-2013, 10:47 PM
Heck, I been married to mine for 43 years, and she can do plumbing, electrical, mechanical, change a flat tire, drive a tractor, rotate tires, plant and weed the garden, skin a deer, filet crappie, administer CPR, bathe and vaccinate the dogs, shoot the varmints outta the yard, and best of all, she puts up with me, and never grumbled even once about my hunting and fishing.

Matter of fact, I've never heard her complain about much of anything.

By the way, it helps to remember those immortal words of Ron White:

"""Diamonds......that'll shut her up!!!"""

:) :) :) :) :)

Buckrub
04-27-2013, 10:59 PM
Mine's 43 also. She craves fried crappie. She's an angel for caring for her and my family. She is a country girl. She hates diamonds and furs. She loves campers and practicality.

And again............mine's cuter. I have proof. And witnesses.

Sunshine
04-28-2013, 04:03 AM
****Raising Hand!!***** I could do it!!!

I also solder copper plumbing pipes,
Used to run a 16 in metal Lathe, have run a Milwaukee Mill, knowledge of shop tools, done a brake job on a 1986 Mustang, tow a boat, launch a boat, drive a boat, fix my own pole, clean my fish, cook my fish, Tow horse trailers, drive 28 ft RV, mix and smooth concrete, roofing, building remodeling, used to change vehicle oil, like to shoot, raised 4 kids, have a college degree and much more.
That will give you an idea about me, even though my grammar is horrible!!! :D

quercus alba
04-28-2013, 08:11 AM
My wife weighs a whopping 98 lbs and she put a metal roof on the house, built a picnic table from scratch, changes oil in the vehicles and is almost as cute as Buckys wife. Plus she's put up with me for nearly 34 years

BarryBobPosthole
04-28-2013, 10:01 AM
Niner, you're gonna have to bank a whole bunch of brownie points. Makes you feel good to see a woman mowing doesn't it? Even sexier if they have grass stains on their feet.
Makes a feller watch his p's and q's. You never know when you'll throw a rod like Niner and have to lean on 'em even more.
BKB

Thumper
04-28-2013, 02:15 PM
Well ... Lynn has put up with me for 28 years and I seriously doubt anyone could top that accomplishment. ;)