PDA

View Full Version : If it were a Toyota, Thump woulda got it

Buckrub
04-28-2013, 07:17 PM
http://www.nbcnews.com/business/chevy-corvette-jumps-price-plus-8k-leather-interior-6C9639810

This is a steal in price! Cheaper than a Denali Yukon!

Thump even owned a few of these. Not sure how or why, since they were made in the US........maybe he had a brain fart.

jb
04-28-2013, 07:53 PM
Never cared for them after they got rid of the twin round head lights. The early 60's were the best.
The Stingray just left me cold, the newer ones even moreso.
Lot nicer two seaters out there for that kind of money.

Thumper
04-28-2013, 08:15 PM
Round headlights??? Sheeesh, don't look now but SOMEBODY'S stuck in the 70's!

My dad had a '53 'Vette back when they were new. I remember it ... barely ... but I do remember riding in it. I was the first of 6 kids and he sold that 'Vette to buy a STATION WAGON!! (a NICE '53 'Vette is worth a quarter million $$$ now ... or was the last I checked which was prolly 20 years ago!) :(

A Corvette was always an item on my bucket list that I figured EVERYONE should own at least once before they die. I bought a '93 model which was the 40th anniversary model. It was significant (to me) because my dad had a '53 and 40 years later I had a '93. I paid it off in 5 years and traded it for a '98 (new body style). They were fun, but definitely a rich man's toy. I swear, I could take it out of the garage for a short jaunt on the weekend, put it back in the garage for a week and when I pulled it back out the following weekend, SOMETHING would have magically broken, fallen off or simply quit working. I hoped I had a jinxed car with the '93, but the '98 was no different. The Chevy dealer had an imaginary Corvette gate at the entrance to the Service Department and it would be an automatic $100 bill just to have the privilage of driving into the dealer. After a set of $2000 tires (on each car) after 15,000 - 18,000 miles (expected milage IF you took care of them!), I said goodbye to those money pits and scratched them forever from my bucket list. Been there, done that and have the t-shirt to prove it.

BUT ... I will admit ... FOR THE MONEY ... the Corvette is the absolute best value on earth for a car in it's class. You couldn't come close to touching anything else in that bracket for that kind of money.

See? I can say something good about GM. ;)

johnboy
04-28-2013, 11:37 PM
I still haven't warmed up to the new Corvette style. Too many sharp angles and what's with the Camaro rear end? I was looking for a 'vette when I bought the Mustang and I still might get one but it'll be a C6 not a C7.

BarryBobPosthole
04-29-2013, 09:27 AM
One of my friends at work bought a rausch mustang about five years or so ago, whenever it was they first came back out. I think it's like 500 hp stock. Sure is purty too. I asked the gal who ownsit how fast she'd got it to and she said "only about a hundred'. I think it'll do a lot better.

BKB

Niner
04-29-2013, 10:00 AM
Them thangs ain't got enough ground clearance.

jb
04-29-2013, 11:10 AM
This is what a real Corvette should look like !

Thumper
04-29-2013, 11:54 AM
And here's your idea of a hot chick! :D

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ac/Granny-Clampett.jpg

Buckrub
04-29-2013, 07:20 PM
Thump 1
Bubba 0.

4th inning.