PDA

View Full Version : From our turkey hunt

Bwana
04-30-2013, 10:18 AM
While leaving the area we turkey hunted last weekend I noticed a bald eagle perched on the edge of a nest so I hit the brakes and backed up to take a picture. Just as the camera was beginning to focus and before I could snap the shutter the eagle took. Not wanting to admit defeat I tried taking a couple of pictures as it was circling the area. I didn't want to scare the bird from the nest so I only took two pictures and then left. Though not up to Len's standard I was pleasantly surprised given I simply poked the camera out the pickup window and snapped these while the vehicle was still running.

BarryBobPosthole
04-30-2013, 10:50 AM
Shooting from a moving vehicle just comes natural for some people I guess.
BKB

Buckrub
04-30-2013, 12:04 PM
You're really 'on' this week, ain't ya?

Bwana
04-30-2013, 12:33 PM
Yeah, Big Sky has taught me the finer points over the years. ;)

LJ3
04-30-2013, 08:16 PM
Hey, those shots are plenty good for my standard. Let's be realistic, the animals I shot at the zoo weren't going anywhere and I had time to compose the image, and wait.

I see bald eagles frequently fishing on the upper Potomac but no matter who many times I see one, my jaw drops and I stop what I'm doing and just take it in. I'll get brave enough to take a 6K camera rig on the river one of these days :)

BarryBobPosthole
04-30-2013, 09:16 PM
Mallard and I watched an eagle do a stoop from about 200 feet up on four ducks that were sitting on a little flooded slash. I watched the whole thing with a video camera in my hands and never even thought about trying to get a shot of it. I might have missed the whole thing if I had. he flared and busted the water pretty good and I can still see the sun reflected off the water droplets that flew off his wings as he just jumped practically back into the air.
Sometimes the best shots are in your head.

BKB