PDA

View Full Version : Miss Lube Rack....

Big Muddy
05-01-2013, 09:48 AM
Prolly not true, since it's floating around the net, but funny to think about, nonetheless:

"Supposely", from 1955, guess who this greazy little biatch is , without googling....Thump would hit it. ;)

Arty
05-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Based on the size of her schnozzola I'd say its my uncle Ron. But I'd have to see her nut sack to be sure

BarryBobPosthole
05-01-2013, 06:46 PM
Whoever it is, she's about 78 years old.

But I think that 'Miss Lube Rack' is photoshopped. Those are awfully good graphics for 1955.

BKB

Buckrub
05-01-2013, 06:53 PM
Angelica Huston?

Tightline
05-01-2013, 07:24 PM
I must admit to googling it. They shoulda dropped that car on her sorry ass. Saved us all a lot of grief.

Arty
05-01-2013, 07:51 PM
I agree with the intelligent okie. Looks HD to me

Arty
05-01-2013, 07:54 PM
Not buying it. Ain't her (googled it)

Thumper
05-01-2013, 07:58 PM
And the REAL story ... ;)

The photo is real but it is not of Congressional Representative Nancy Pelosi.

The photo was taken in 1951 at the Muller Brothers Oldsmobile Tires and Carwash in Los Angeles, California by Life Magazine. The photo was one of many that appeared in a photo documentary about the world's largest automotive service station. The idea for the beauty contest was to celebrate the 3,000,000th vehicle to go through the car wash. This according to a May 16, 2012 article published in the blog site of John Straub.

Nancy Pelosi was born in 1940 in Baltimore, Maryland, where her family had deep political roots. Pelosi would have been 11 years old at the time that the photo was taken.

The photo turned out to be an interesting artifact of Hollywood history and the Muller family, who settled in Los Angeles in 1893. The family empire began with a fish market, which was later sold so they could establish Hollywood's first ice company. In the 1920's the Mullers entered the automotive business, which later resulted in a massive automotive complex with an Oldsmobile dealership and Firestone Tire store. The center also included a car wash, cafe, body shop, home appliance center and auto parts and supply store. According to the Foundation to support Hollywood Heritage the Muller car complex was located on the corner of Sunset and Ivar. It was not uncommon to see Hollywood celebrities at the car complex getting their cars washed or serviced.

The complex was conveniently located across the street from the Muller family home. The area where the family once lived later became the site for the RCA Building and today it is the home of the Los Angeles Film School. Today, the former site of the world's largest service station is now home of another famous Hollywood landmark, the Cinerama Dome Theater.

Arty
05-01-2013, 08:00 PM
Knew it wasn't her.
That bitch got a nose like pig!

Thumper
05-01-2013, 08:17 PM
I was trying to figure out the year of the car. Looks like a '50 Olds 88 but I'm real rusty with anything pre '53. I don't recognize those big honking bumper guards, but they may be after market jobbies. (I don't "think" Olds had those knobs on the top of the guards, but I could be wrong) When I was a VERY young kid, I could tell you the year and model from a mile away .. day OR night! Heck, I could HEAR a car on another street and tell you the maker by the sound alone ... sight unseen. These days, half the time I couldn't tell you if I'm looking at a Japanese model or a domestic ... let alone the maker. I'm pretty good with the '54's - 80's ... after that, it's a guessing game with me for most models.

I guess some OLD fart like Bucky or Bubba will have to clarify the year of this Olds. ;)